By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NIS Apologizes for Seemingly Negative Comments Towards PS4

VGPolyglot said:
JRPGfan said:

SNK Heroines isnt getting a physical release...... BECAUSE NINTENDO PAID THEM NOT TO DO SO!?

"Nintendo wants to work on this title on an exclusive basis!’ So these third parties come together and the team at NIS and SNK decided to go with Nintendo for the western market. Physical copy-wise, it’s going to be a Switch exclusive. PlayStation 4-wise, it’s going to be just digital. "

It sounds like it right? They had a deal with Sony to make it, but instead of honoring it, they twisted it around to "just digital" because Nintendo wanted a exclusive deal (which they couldnt give them) but instead say "it ll be physical release exclusive to switch".

Also while Britain has questionable taste levels in games, its good to hear the French have great ones (jrpgs) apparently :)

I was actually thinking and looking up the same thing.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
JRPGfan said:

SNK Heroines isnt getting a physical release...... BECAUSE NINTENDO PAID THEM NOT TO DO SO!?

Also while Britain has questionable taste levels in games, its good to hear the French have great ones (jrpgs) apparently :)

Then I seriously mis-understood what was talked about.

They shouldn't bite the hand that's fed them for so long. Apology accepted, but they shouldn't let this happen again.

It's not a great move to dish Playstation. On the other hand Playstation isn't all that hot in Japan. So I doubt this will have any real concequences. As he said Switch is the future for smaller Japanese studios. Square, Atlus and Capcom will do fine on either.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

The thing is that I actually find the criticism towards Sony as justified. Over the past few years, I've noticed that Sony hasn't done much to help niche games. Persona 5, for example, hardly got any mention during their press conferences. Gravity Rush 2, which is a 1st party game for crying out loud, had very little marketing and promotion.

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
I dont think he is apologizing to Sony, more apologizing to SNK for spreading some confidental information. He mention Sony by name, but in no way says sorry for the criticism he made toward them.

Ok. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I'm not sure why you would think he's not apologinzing to Sony. Because this: “I must extend my most heartfelt apology to SNK and Sony Interactive Entertainment", sure reads like an apology to Sony.

So does this: "Once again, I apologize to SNK and Sony."

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Aura7541 said:
The thing is that I actually find the criticism towards Sony as justified. Over the past few years, I've noticed that Sony hasn't done much to help niche games. Persona 5, for example, hardly got any mention during their press conferences. Gravity Rush 2, which is a 1st party game for crying out loud, had very little marketing and promotion.

But both games sold well. And maybe they’re marketed more in the JP market where they’ll sell. They’re not gonna move those games in NA. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

I think he was just being honest.

Right now many developers are looking towards the Switch because it's new, and it's already proven itself to be successful. The PS4 is an awesome console, but realistically, it's not as safe of a bet for the long term. If a developer is going to start development today on a game that takes 2+ years to develop, they want to know that the console will still be relevant at that time.

Eh. Doesn't sound like something anyone should have to apologize for, unless there was some misinformation there.

meh shouldn't have to apologize because some oversensitive entitled gamers