By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NIS Apologizes for Seemingly Negative Comments Towards PS4

COKTOE said:
cycycychris said:
I dont think he is apologizing to Sony, more apologizing to SNK for spreading some confidental information. He mention Sony by name, but in no way says sorry for the criticism he made toward them.

Ok. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I'm not sure why you would think he's not apologinzing to Sony. Because this: “I must extend my most heartfelt apology to SNK and Sony Interactive Entertainment", sure reads like an apology to Sony.

So does this: "Once again, I apologize to SNK and Sony."

did you read what I said after the bolded, which addresses this

And if your gonna cherry pick quotes, lets look at the most damning one, "apologize to SNK and Sony if it made them seem negative towards the PS4 platform in any way". That sure sounds like they are taking back what they say, lol sure buddy. They are clearly saying sorry to SNK here, we didn't mean to catch you in out feelings towards Sony poor treatment of us.

Last edited by cycycychris - on 11 April 2018

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
COKTOE said:

Ok. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I'm not sure why you would think he's not apologinzing to Sony. Because this: “I must extend my most heartfelt apology to SNK and Sony Interactive Entertainment", sure reads like an apology to Sony.

So does this: "Once again, I apologize to SNK and Sony."

did you read what I said after the bolded, which addresses this

And if your gonna cherry pick quotes, lets look at the most damning one, "apologize to SNK and Sony if it made them seem negative towards the PS4 platform in any way". That sure sounds like they are taking back what they say, lol sure buddy. They are clearly saying sorry to SNK here, we didn't mean to catch you in out feelings towards Sony poor treatment of us.

COKTOE has a point, though. There's a texted apology to both SNK and Sony. We can speculate what he meant, but I took it as 'saying sorry' to both companies.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 11 April 2018

I think he was just being honest.

Right now many developers are looking towards the Switch because it's new, and it's already proven itself to be successful. The PS4 is an awesome console, but realistically, it's not as safe of a bet for the long term. If a developer is going to start development today on a game that takes 2+ years to develop, they want to know that the console will still be relevant at that time.

Eh. Doesn't sound like something anyone should have to apologize for, unless there was some misinformation there.

meh shouldn't have to apologize because some oversensitive entitled gamers

Around the Network
FentonCrackshell said:
Aura7541 said:
The thing is that I actually find the criticism towards Sony as justified. Over the past few years, I've noticed that Sony hasn't done much to help niche games. Persona 5, for example, hardly got any mention during their press conferences. Gravity Rush 2, which is a 1st party game for crying out loud, had very little marketing and promotion.

But both games sold well. And maybe they’re marketed more in the JP market where they’ll sell. They’re not gonna move those games in NA. 

Persona 5 certainly did well. Not so much with Gravity Rush 2. I'm not asking Sony to put in large marketing budgets for these games, but at least do more than what they did for these two games.

Kerotan said:
They shouldn't bite the hand that's fed them for so long. Apology accepted, but they shouldn't let this happen again.

Apology accepted? who are you?

Man people will apologize for dang near anything these days lol

This is a non-issue... Really, this apology is just attracting attention to something that had largely gone unnoticed.

I imagine he was probably pushed into apologizing so as to not damage relationships, but keeping said apology private may have been the better call.

JRPGfan said:

Also while Britain has questionable taste levels in games, its good to hear the French have great ones (jrpgs) apparently :)

User moderated - Aura7541

That moderation is harsh AF. xD

Barkley said:
JRPGfan said:

Also while Britain has questionable taste levels in games, its good to hear the French have great ones (jrpgs) apparently :)

User moderated - Aura7541

That moderation is harsh AF. xD

Seema overly harsh, honestly, but I'm assuming he has a history.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames