By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Dark Souls Remastered sell more on Xbox One or Switch?

I think it'll sell more on...

Switch 62 72.09%

Xbox One 24 27.91%

Total:86
rolltide101x said:

This thread is pretty sad to me . Switch has absolutely 0 chance of outselling the Xbox One version wont sell half of the Xbox version. (probably not even 1/4th)

Next I am going to hear people saying Wolfenstein is going to outsell the Xbox version XD.

It has been shown time and time again AAA 3rd party games and Nintendo do not mix well outside of a few exceptions and a Souls game is not going to be that exception

For what it's worth, the Switch version of the game is currently ranked at #88 on Amazon. X1 version ranks at #801. PS4 version is #105.

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Remastered-PlayStation4-PlayStation-4/dp/B078Y4DLC1?th=1

Around the Network

XBO. Fanbase already present on it, will offer better gameplay experience overall, should be definitive if XBO X enhanced.

It will probaly sell more on Xbox but it will make the developer alot more money on the switch

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Switch gamers are starving for more games, so..

I would've said XBO, but I've been pleasantly surprised with 3rd party sales on Switch.

The data seems to point to it doing best of Switch imo.

Around the Network

Switch.

1) It is more popular console
2) I think that multi-console owners would want to buy Switch version to play the game on the go
3) Japan
4) You can already play original game on Xbox One while you can't on Switch, so probably some Xbox One players wouldn't want to pay for remaster

The only way Xbox One version sells better is if Switch crowd for some reason would be way less interested in this game which is very unlikely to happen.

IMO Switch version of game at end, it will be only DS game on system when launches, Switch offers full handheld mode, and it will have bigger install base than XB1 at end.

Probably Switch because the flowe of new AAA games is still kinda thin plus the Japanese market.

Probably xbox one, there is already a fanbase on that system.

Bandorr said:
But with all those people boycotting Bandai purchases on switch until the end of 2018, I'm not sure there will be any purchases for the switch.

Wait? Is that a thing? I thought Bandai supports Switch pretty well compared to companies like Capcom. Why gets it a boycott?

EDIT: OK, I see, it was a joke.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 08 April 2018

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]