By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 13): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - March 26- April 1, 2018

Sure, if you believe the PSVR and X1X are facing shortages.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:

Sure, if you believe the PSVR and X1X are facing shortages.

So you believe that PS4 has shortages because it was sold out on Amazon a little while ago but dont believe Switch does when a store is sold out of 4 different bundles?

Im sorry but this seems like a massive double standard.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Perhaps because Amazon is a massive online retailer which serves the entire country of Japan and that is only one Yodobashi Camera store and is completely useless in determining the large-scale inventory available for a console.
Have a look yourself: https://www.yodobashi.com/?word=Switch

The green "在庫あり" means it's in stock.

Also, just for fun. https://www.yodobashi.com/?word=PS4

The red "お取り寄せ" means it's out of stock.

Great 2nd week for NNK2 althought LTD is still low but if this sales will continue then it will be awesome for the series brand in Japan.

Far Cry 5 is a really a surprised. Western games are really taking a traction in Japan outselling VC 4 and NiNo Kuni II. A genre that mostly Japanese gamers would love. That's why you cannot blame other 3rd party devs. like Capcom focusing on western markets rather than on their home market and level-5/Bandai Namco with NNK2.

As for Super Robot Wars in might be declining in Japan but Bandai Namco will not continuously released it in SEA with English subtitle if it not selling well on those regions.

Kirby is eating sales! XD

So in other words, both can be found in some places but not in others which has been the case for most of the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

When I think of a shortage I think of something on a wide-scale, national level. If you are just talking about that there are some store locations which haven't yet received their latest inventory refresh then I guess we're talking about two very different things.

I forgot to write about PSVR. Price cut of 10,000 yen last week.

But both your sources have stock

Indeed they do. As I mentioned earlier, Amazon received a shipment April 1st which has just about completely sold out now. I wouldn't be surprised if Yodobashi's online store also received a shipment early this month as well where the 1TB model and PS4 Pro are sold out, but the 500 GB model is still available.

There's no real point in arguing facts. Surely you can understand why I might place a teeny bit more weight on Amazon and Yodobashi's online stores rather than one single physical location which has obviously exhausted nearly its entire inventory which is why the X1X and PSVR are also "out of stock" in the image?

3DS crossed the 24m mark, its final milestone.

Switch vs. Vita makes for an interesting race to 6m units.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments