By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does anyone still watch cable tv?

I watch MLB and NBA games, in addition to a little bit of History Channel, Science Channel, and CNBC. Hopefully, I'll have better access to live sports via streaming in a few years, so I can finally cut the cord.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
I watch MLB and NBA games, in addition to a little bit of History Channel, Science Channel, and CNBC. Hopefully, I'll have better access to live sports via streaming in a few years, so I can finally cut the cord.

am on PS vue. good DVR. cheaper than cable and can watch online.

not bad overall. some issues. but better than cable, tho they don't have the best channels at low prices. I have the mid range. 

Sling scammed me. I canceled sub after 3 days because app is broken. they resubbed me without my knowledge. and charged me for 5 months, no refund policy is fun

there is also directv and what not but I don't wanna support these garbage companies.

I surely do.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Dropped Cable/Satellite in 2011, and just bought shows I wanted on PlayStation Video (Video Unlimited at the time). I also had MLB.TV for baseball, and grabbed WWE events off PSN.

Now I have PS Vue, and it is a massive step up from cable and satellite. On Vue I have the Elite Package with HBO, Showtime + Cinemax. I still have MLB.TV, and have added WWE Network. I get Netflix for a month a year to catch up on orginal content.

My main shows are Raw/Smackdown, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Westworld, and Ray Donovan. I also watch quite a few shows on local channels, and my friends and family come over often for big games/events.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

pleaserecycle said:
Adult Swim, NBA games, and occasional South Park, Simpsons, and Futurama reruns.

Replace Simpsons and Futurama with Rick and Morty and Family Guy (kinda sucks lately but it's one of the few shows my whole family can kinda agree on) and this is about the same with me ha.

Also I'm a big Cubs fan so I used to watch a lot of Cubs games but even that is kinda getting bland these days. Maybe I'm losing patience but it's getting harder and harder to watch a baseball game for a long period of time. Plus in a weird way winning the WS has kinda made watching games lose some of its magic.

But yeah, I'm like 90% youtube/Netflix/Amazon/Twitch (Overwatch League) these days. Lots of increasingly great content available via streaming and the interwebs, even on youtube.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

No, i get my TV-shows through streaming and, um, other means

Yep, i do. I have a few shows recording on my dvr, every night of the week.

I watch the occasional big event here and there but not much else.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Not outside of some sports every now and again. Network television is pretty awful by and large

No. I treat cable TV like my DVDs. I still have it, but I rarely watch it. It's more for my girlfriend than me.