By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - ANNOUNCEMENT (1 of 2) - Deputy Head Moderators!

VGPolyglot said:
Bristow9091 said:

But this didn't, or hasn't, happened... there were two head mods, one of them stepped down, the other remains... he now has two people lower than him, but above the rest of us, deputy head mods, they have replaced nobody, it just makes life easier for him, and none of us have a problem with it.

OK then, I'm asking why though instead of replacing the head mod who stepped down, why this decision was made instead?

Simple answer is that it’s easier to call shots if you’re giving yourself more power than the guys you hire and ensure they’re yes-men

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
I hope this is a joke, because one of the two is by far one of the worst choices for a head mod I’ve ever seen.

If you're gonna say something like this at least say who they are why you think they should not be deputy head mod. This just seems like a drive by post imo. You're better than that Star.

CGI-Quality said:
StarOcean said:
I hope this is a joke, because one of the two is by far one of the worst choices for a head mod I’ve ever seen.

Ouch

I myself have no issues with the people being chosen, for me it's the process itself. I assume that this thread was made to discuss/ask questions about the news. I just don't see the advantages that this has over the previous system.

jason1637 said:
StarOcean said:

If you're gonna say something like this at least say who they are why you think they should not be deputy head mod. This just seems like a drive by post imo. You're better than that Star.

It ain’t drive by. One of them is definitely qualified and would be thrilled to have them as head mod. The other... well... also you have a discord

StarOcean said:
jason1637 said:

It ain’t drive by. One of them is definitely qualified and would be thrilled to have them as head mod. The other... well... also you have a discord

Oh you're talking about Ryuu. Ryuu can be a pretty weird guy but he takes the role as a mod very seriously and has done a pretty good job imo.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I myself have no issues with the people being chosen, for me it's the process itself. I assume that this thread was made to discuss/ask questions about the news. I just don't see the advantages that this has over the previous system.

But you see disadvantages, right?

Yes, I do. Mainly that it's one person that ultimately decides the process. Now, I know that people see that as an advantage because it streamlines things, but I see it as one individual having too much of a decision over matters.

Miguel_Zorro said:
VGPolyglot said:

This thread was made to announce the news.  Feedback was not requested.

“Do not question my questionable decisions that led to only me having all control.” 

VGPolyglot said:
CGI-Quality said:

Deputy Head Moderators are ‘second in command’. Having many functioning normal Moderators is necessary, but as a ‘higher-up’, the duties are split + heavier and The Big Cheese remains, well, The Big Cheese.

I'm not questioning the way it is, I'm questioning why it is the way it is.

Humans use a hierarchical system for everything because it's the most pragmatic way to work towards something.

Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes, I do. Mainly that it's one person that ultimately decides the process. Now, I know that people see that as an advantage because it streamlines things, but I see it as one individual having too much of a decision over matters.

So because of your insane paranoia about this whole "one ring to rule them all" philosophy, you thought you'd be doing good by coming into an announcement thread and turning it upside down while ultimately gaining nothing except making yourself look even more insecure over nothing?

No. It is stupid. It was fine the way it was before with 3 head mods. It had no reason to change at all.

Miguel_Zorro said:
VGPolyglot said:

This thread was made to announce the news.  Feedback was not requested.

Well, I assume that feedback doesn't have to be explicitly requested to be given.