By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your opinion on Telltale Games right now?

A couple of years ago Telltale Games created "The Walking Dead", a 5-episode adventure game that made a lot of people praise the company. We laughed,  we cried, we loved it. The Walking Dead was the winner of a lot of GOTY awards.

Then, came more and more games. The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, Minecraft Story Mode, Game of Thrones, Batman, Guardians of the Galaxy...

But what do you think of Telltale Games right now? Do you still play their games? Do you think they "lost their touch" along the years? Do you think they need a new engine and more choices/consequences in their games? Should they abandon the episodic format and launch their games complete at launch? Did you never liked Telltale at all?

Tell me.

Around the Network

I really enjoyed The Walking Dead games, however I never ended up checking out their other games as they just made way too many for me to keep up with. However, I do have The Wolf Among Us and have heard many great things about it so I probably will check it out eventually.

ive gotten a bit tired of their games tbh. I've moved on

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

VGPolyglot said:
I really enjoyed The Walking Dead games, however I never ended up checking out their other games as they just made way too many for me to keep up with. However, I do have The Wolf Among Us and have heard many great things about it so I probably will check it out eventually.

https://youtu.be/vprjSFyDpV0?t=1m32s

i love their games, played almost everything with the exception of tales of borderlands, and i don't think they need more choices or a new engine

and btw, graphics and animations doesn't necessarily get better with a new engine, they get better with use of mocap and by being exclusive of the two most powerful console wich in turn make the games harder and expensive to make

Around the Network

Their games focus on story is remarkable, especially how the manage to make an above decent original story based on the original ones. But they really need to change their engine because it's really dated and makes every game look almost the same.

Well, I've only played 2 of their games, TWD Season 1 and 2, and I really enjoyed the 1st. The 2nd one was also good, but I really missed Lee, and parts of the game felt a little out of place. At one point, I felt like I was playing a Metal Gear parody. I got my share of their style of games, so I haven't played another one since. I hear they're good as well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

twintail said:
Trash company tbqh

#opinion 

I've enjoyed TWAU the most out of their games. Second would be Batman.

I don't play them, I just watch them on youtube like they are a television series, by someone doing a lets play that is funny and does some commentary.

The gameplay sucks, but the story is good and sometimes funny.