By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Should the Nintendo Switch get a price cut?

Yahoo! (Yes it should) 28 31.11%

D'oh, I missed! (It should not) 62 68.89%

Total:90

doesn't expect a pricecut for this year, wouldn't be the right move of nintendo

Around the Network

No...it's still selling very well. I don't expect we'll see one until a hardware revision.

doesnt need one

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

CaptainExplosion said:
zorg1000 said:
Ya because Nintendo cares so much about selling more than PS4 on a weekly basis that they will cut into their profit margins to win.

How would it cut into their profit margin? How much does Nintendo even make for every Switch console sold?

By selling something for less money you make less money off of it.  

Considering that we aren't even in the 18-19 FY year, I think they will wait a bit longer and judge sales after a few more months. 

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
It dosent need one at the moment.What it needs is a great bundle, like Switch + Zelda at 300 dollars.

I think this is about right.  Bundle with Zelda or Odyssey at $300.  Maybe, drop the price for the base unit to $250 at xmas.  

Oh, give me a break. Between you and some Playstation fans, they'd be selling them for a fiver within the first couple of years.

The PS5 Exists. 

The only thing a cheaper Switch would achieve is  creating a shortage. Just look at what the $200 PS4 did. Nintendo Switch does not need a price cut until Q3 2019. The PS4 should hit $200 or $225 at Q4.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

There's no need for one yet, wait till 2019.

There's no need for a price cut right now. At least not until Summer 2019 or when we're getting close to Pokemon.