By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War No loading screens

so its going to be the ''Unfriended'' of video games. That worries me. Don't be like that movie.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
RoboTin said:
GribbleGrunger said:

There are many ways to show the passing of time without once cutting away. How about: Kratos goes to sleep, camera pans up to the window, we see darkness with stars shifting across the skyline, sun then rises, camera pans back down to Kratos. Job done. 

You will watch Kratos sleep 8h and probably more than once, it will be very immersive ;)

Everything they have shown and talked about God of War have looked pretty impressive and I think Sony has something big on their hands with this title.

I think so, too. If the game maintains the quality of the first 3 hours everyone played, idt 12-15mill lifetime would be out of the question. It has a lot of things going for it. 

God of War hasn't had loading screens since the God of War 2.

4 ≈ One

Aeolus451 said:
Nymeria said:

I grew up with no loading (NES & SNES) and when it was introduced I hated it because it is boring to wait and stare at a screen.  If a game looks good or great doesn't affect my enjoyment, loading times do.  So glad Bloodborne patches so they aren't as bad as Day 1 release.

Not me. The loading times came with more advanced games and those games tended to be more mature/evolved.

Playing Half Life on PS2 with terrible load times was an inferior experience to playing it smoothly on PC.   I don't think reducing load times has to mean a game's complexity is reduced.  I like how Last of Us for example does massive loading screen to start and then through out I don't remember any significant ones. There can be compromise.

Bristow9091 said: 
pitzy272 said: 

I think so, too. If the game maintains the quality of the first 3 hours everyone played, idt 12-15mill lifetime would be out of the question. It has a lot of things going for it. 

Based on the series' sales history I think 12-15m IS out of the question, lol :P Although I'd love to be proven wrong, lol 

I was typing a response to you, but it kept growing and got way too long (that’s what she said!). So I just made a thread lol.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235469

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
so its going to be the ''Unfriended'' of video games. That worries me. Don't be like that movie.

Or the "Birdman" of videogames, did anyone here see that movie? A lot of people here seem to think that a good story told without cuts is some impossible feat to pull off. 

DragonRouge said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Or the "Birdman" of videogames, did anyone here see that movie? A lot of people here seem to think that a good story told without cuts is some impossible feat to pull off. 

I saw birdman. It was an ok movie in my opinion. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

That sounds good. One seamless world, uninterrupted by those loading screens.

I can see nitpickers complaining about that: "Loading screens are a necessary evil. Why did they remove them?" "I miss loading screens. Are they gonna add them on the next patch?" "That loading screen could've increased the framerate on the cutscene by 0.221%." "The game is great, but the removal of loading screens can be disappointing and will frustrate you to no end."

great news!

You have to have loading screens. You can hide them behind cutscenes or what not but its still a loading screen.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash