By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War No loading screens

MartinD said:

who cares? i play monster hunter and bloodborne...it can't get worse

Thank God you,ve not played kingdom come.... damn game even loads while you are trying to save.

I should have bloody well just bought gran turismo instead of that blasted brokwn game.



Around the Network

does anyone know if it's an interconnected world like Metroid or Dark Souls/Bloodborne? Or at least something similar where there's backtracking to reach a previously inaccessible area?



LethalP said:
does anyone know if it's an interconnected world like Metroid or Dark Souls/Bloodborne? Or at least something similar where there's backtracking to reach a previously inaccessible area?

Yeah, you can backtrack and explore areas you may have missed



Bristow9091 said:
LethalP said:
does anyone know if it's an interconnected world like Metroid or Dark Souls/Bloodborne? Or at least something similar where there's backtracking to reach a previously inaccessible area?

Yeah, you can backtrack and explore areas you may have missed

So to be clear, is this chapter based like UC/TLOU? Or is it more like Dark Souls where you can travel from the beginning of the game to the end?



LethalP said:
Bristow9091 said:

Yeah, you can backtrack and explore areas you may have missed

So to be clear, is this chapter based like UC/TLOU? Or is it more like Dark Souls where you can travel from the beginning of the game to the end?

Well it's not like either, since Dark Souls is fully open world, this isn't an open world game... it'll be linear with extra areas to explore too.



Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
LethalP said:

So to be clear, is this chapter based like UC/TLOU? Or is it more like Dark Souls where you can travel from the beginning of the game to the end?

Well it's not like either, since Dark Souls is fully open world, this isn't an open world game... it'll be linear with extra areas to explore too.

Uncharted 4 had extra areas to explore that you could miss out, so what's different here? I heard there were optional bosses in this game, like Dark Souls, and since there's back tracking is it really linear? Or would you compare it more to a Mario game where it's technically linear but you can go back to levels that you previously missed? So hub based?

Sorry for the question barrage, I'm just wanting to get the jist of what the game is.



LethalP said:
Bristow9091 said:

Well it's not like either, since Dark Souls is fully open world, this isn't an open world game... it'll be linear with extra areas to explore too.

Uncharted 4 had extra areas to explore that you could miss out, so what's different here? I heard there were optional bosses in this game, like Dark Souls, and since there's back tracking is it really linear? Or would you compare it more to a Mario game where it's technically linear but you can go back to levels that you previously missed? So hub based?

Sorry for the question barrage, I'm just wanting to get the jist of what the game is.

I've not played Uncharted 4, but I'd imagine it's something like that, except in God of War you'll be able to backtrack to earlier areas of the game, and yes, from what I've read, there will be optional bosses too.



 

Bristow9091 said:
LethalP said:

Uncharted 4 had extra areas to explore that you could miss out, so what's different here? I heard there were optional bosses in this game, like Dark Souls, and since there's back tracking is it really linear? Or would you compare it more to a Mario game where it's technically linear but you can go back to levels that you previously missed? So hub based?

Sorry for the question barrage, I'm just wanting to get the jist of what the game is.

I've not played Uncharted 4, but I'd imagine it's something like that, except in God of War you'll be able to backtrack to earlier areas of the game, and yes, from what I've read, there will be optional bosses too.

Ah okay then.



Bristow9091 said:
LethalP said:

Uncharted 4 had extra areas to explore that you could miss out, so what's different here? I heard there were optional bosses in this game, like Dark Souls, and since there's back tracking is it really linear? Or would you compare it more to a Mario game where it's technically linear but you can go back to levels that you previously missed? So hub based?

Sorry for the question barrage, I'm just wanting to get the jist of what the game is.

I've not played Uncharted 4, but I'd imagine it's something like that, except in God of War you'll be able to backtrack to earlier areas of the game, and yes, from what I've read, there will be optional bosses too.

Optional bosses? Damn nice!



LuccaCardoso1 said:
VGPolyglot said:
Apparently the camera never cuts either, so it's essentially one single shot.

There will be cutscenes, surely. No way they will make a story-focused 20-hour game without a single cutscene.

The cutscenes happen within the game itself without the camera needing to cut for them to happen.

But the camera still moves around etc during these scenes.