By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War No loading screens

VGPolyglot said:
BraLoD said:

They already said there are no cutscenes.

There are story scenes but there is never a single cut in the whole game, the same camera begin and finishes the game without ever being cut for another shot.

Also it's said to be over 30hrs long.

OT: SM may be about to set a new standard way to present games, sounds cool.

Not really, Valve already did that with the Half-Life games.

Can you guarantee it?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
VGPolyglot said:

Not really, Valve already did that with the Half-Life games.

Can you guarantee it?

Guarantee what? Half-Life and Half-Life 2 were huge, and if they didn't set a new standard I don't see how GoW will.

LuccaCardoso1 said:
BraLoD said:

They already said there are no cutscenes.

There are story scenes but there is never a single cut in the whole game, the same camera begin and finishes the game without ever being cut for another shot.

Also it's said to be over 30hrs long.

OT: SM may be about to set a new standard way to present games, sounds cool.

That has the potential to be extremely boring, looking through the same perspective without a single camera cut. I hope they figure out a way to make it interesting, though.

I don't see any connection between being boring and camera cuts...

sounds really impressive, will be cool to see this game in action

VGPolyglot said:
BraLoD said:

Can you guarantee it?

Guarantee what? Half-Life and Half-Life 2 were huge, and if they didn't set a new standard I don't see how GoW will.

That the games have absolutely zero cuts and loadings.

Around the Network

A 35 hour long cut, and in a video game no less. That is absolutely insane.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

BraLoD said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

That has the potential to be extremely boring, looking through the same perspective without a single camera cut. I hope they figure out a way to make it interesting, though.

Cutscenes offer a much easier way to make action scenes or exciting things to watch because you can make animations without the need to incorporate them into the gameplay. And time cuts can make creating cohesive interesting scenarios easier too. It's not impossible to make an enthralling experience without camera cuts and time jumps, but it sure is harder.

G O O D B O I

DialgaMarine said:
A 35 hour long cut, and in a video game no less. That is absolutely insane.

A video game is probably the easiest media to make a 35-hour experience with a narrative and without a single camera cut.

G O O D B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:
BraLoD said:

Cutscenes offer a much easier way to make action scenes or exciting things to watch because you can make animations without the need to incorporate them into the gameplay. And time cuts can make creating cohesive interesting scenarios easier too. It's not impossible to make an enthralling experience without camera cuts and time jumps, but it sure is harder.

We already saw in the very first gameplay trailer a scene where Kratos fight a big guy, in a battle that breaks their fighting scenario in the go, and has Kratos going mad and breaking the monster's face with his hands and on the floor, while he talks to Atreus and then the focus go to him, without any cuts. Also in the end of the same gameplay trailer a zooming out to show the massive lands, with things happening in the background and still showing the epic proportions of it without the need to cut it.

There is no need to worry there, SM has shown us it works well from the get go.

Realistically, how much would my enjoyment be decreased based on "cuts"? Probably not at all, in fact they are probably a very convenient and great way of making things exciting. But sure, I guess we should applaud it because it's difficult. If it makes the game better, I am happy for them.

Link to the VGChartz Discord server: https://discord.gg/2uMTaYtv