By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War No loading screens

BraLoD said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

Cutscenes offer a much easier way to make action scenes or exciting things to watch because you can make animations without the need to incorporate them into the gameplay. And time cuts can make creating cohesive interesting scenarios easier too. It's not impossible to make an enthralling experience without camera cuts and time jumps, but it sure is harder.

We already saw in the very first gameplay trailer a scene where Kratos fight a big guy, in a battle that breaks their fighting scenario in the go, and has Kratos going mad and breaking the monster's face with his hands and on the floor, while he talks to Atreus and then the focus go to him, without any cuts. Also in the end of the same gameplay trailer a zooming out to show the massive lands, with things happening in the background and still showing the epic proportions of it without the need to cut it.

There is no need to worry there, SM has shown us it works well from the get go.

The trailers are full of cuts, so it looks less boring. I hope you're right, though. I want to see something innovative in the game industry again.

G O O D B O I

Around the Network
LuccaCardoso1 said:
BraLoD said:

We already saw in the very first gameplay trailer a scene where Kratos fight a big guy, in a battle that breaks their fighting scenario in the go, and has Kratos going mad and breaking the monster's face with his hands and on the floor, while he talks to Atreus and then the focus go to him, without any cuts. Also in the end of the same gameplay trailer a zooming out to show the massive lands, with things happening in the background and still showing the epic proportions of it without the need to cut it.

There is no need to worry there, SM has shown us it works well from the get go.

The trailers are full of cuts, so it looks less boring. I hope you're right, though. I want to see something innovative in the game industry again.

https://youtu.be/CJ_GCPaKywg

There is not a single cut on it.

That's the first time they've ever shown in, it's a gameplay trailer from E3 2016, it is filled with varied kinds of scenes without a single cut.

It's not boring in the slightest, it's very well done, and it's made while being dynamic not locked.

So wait if it's all one shot does Kratos just not sleep?

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

BraLoD said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

https://youtu.be/CJ_GCPaKywg

There is not a single cut on it.

That's the first time they've ever shown in, it's a gameplay trailer from E3 2016, it is filled with varied kinds of scenes without a single cut.

It's not boring in the slightest, it's very well done, and it's made while being dynamic not locked.

I'm curious to see the exact scene after this introduction, as most games would cut right there for when the kid is already well trained.

It's not boring indeed (It made me a bit dizzy with all this camera movement, actually), I just don't know if they'll be able to keep that level of interest during the whole game. I hope they will.

G O O D B O I

ArchangelMadzz said:

Nah, the game literally takes place over a 30 hour period and in one scene Kratos is seen chugging multiple energy drinks before violently crushing the cans and cutting someone's face off with them... true story, that's why Cory Barlog said it takes around 30 hours to finish!

Around the Network
LuccaCardoso1 said:

That has the potential to be extremely boring, looking through the same perspective without a single camera cut. I hope they figure out a way to make it interesting, though.

I would argue the opposite. The latest trailer for The Last of Us pt 2 and the last two Death Stranding trailers were both 1 cut.

Also the hollywood movies that can get away with this like Birdman are highly revered as master pieces in filmmaking. Just because the camera is 1 cut doesn't mean the camera will have the same angle. It just means that the transition between camera angles will be connected together instead of outright cutting them and this should work really well for when the big fights happen and the camera struggles to follow the characters and the excitement is dialed to 11.

Well Metal Gear Solid V did this, did't it? so if tha game wasn't boring even with the obligatory chopper flights(due to being a huge open game) I don't think Kratos game will be boring, specially since you won't be watching Kratos sit on a helicopter.

I don't really love past GoW games, I did enjoy them but I  prefer other other games in the genere, and I really find Kratos to be really lame, but this is the first time I'm hyped for a GoW game with all this changes

I never understood why some people think no loading screens/times is important. I just don't care. These people should have seen what it was like back in the day.

BraLoD said:
VGPolyglot said:

Guarantee what? Half-Life and Half-Life 2 were huge, and if they didn't set a new standard I don't see how GoW will.

That the games have absolutely zero cuts and loadings.

No loading screens, I'm pretty sure. I haven't played through the entire games though so I'm not sure if they have absolutely no camera cuts, but I do know that the cutscenes are within the gameplay itself and don't cut to a different camera.

EDIT: I guess I'm wrong, there are apparently loading screens.

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 27 March 2018

Bristow9091 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Nah, the game literally takes place over a 30 hour period and in one scene Kratos is seen chugging multiple energy drinks before violently crushing the cans and cutting someone's face off with them... true story, that's why Cory Barlog said it takes around 30 hours to finish!

Social commentary at it's finest! 

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'