By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 17 March 2018

Jranation said:
zorg1000 said:

Not really, we had 3 weeks of February on this site before NPD numbers were released and it was way off.

But did it still got PS4 > XB1 > Switch correct? 

Pretty sure before adjustments VGC was putting Switch ahead of the PS4 in NA for February, or around a tie at least.

Around the Network

I guess it's gonna be easy for PS4 to keep its leadership this year, because PS4 has an spectacular line up while NSW does't have many stars, unless Nintendo is holding something.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Are people still updating for the Switch's sales launch aligned with other systems? I'm not able to find the thread(s) for that and since VGChartz is now practically current it'd be good to get another look.

Jranation said:
zorg1000 said:

Not really, we had 3 weeks of February on this site before NPD numbers were released and it was way off.

But did it still got PS4 > XB1 > Switch correct? 

Nope, here is what i wrote in the 3rd week of Feb thread.

If this sites tracking is accurate this month than it kooks like another close month for NPD.

NA sales 3 weeks of Feb
PS4-212,422
NSW-221,293
XBO-225,232 

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Megiddo said:
Are people still updating for the Switch's sales launch aligned with other systems? I'm not able to find the thread(s) for that and since VGChartz is now practically current it'd be good to get another look.

Not really, but the market share analysis in the article section of the site seems to be something that will be updated regularly. This can serve the same purpose since they’re comparing YoY with 2015, 16 and 17.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:

Official PS4 sell through

As of Nov 22, 2014-14.4 million (~12 months)

As of Jan 4, 2015-18.5 million (~13.5 months)

VGC Switch estimates

As of March 17, 2018-15.7 million (~12.5 months)

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:

VGC Switch estimates

Much appreciated for the info. The holiday bump got the PS4 above the Switch as everyone expected. Now to see how long it takes before the Switch passes it by once again.

Mr.Playstation said:
JamesGarret said:

I wonder if we´ll see a system with a PS2/Wii/DS type of domination ever again.

The PS4 is dominating just as much as the Wii imo, at least for most of this Gen.

Actually if we look at it the PS4 is dominating far better than the Wii did. In that generation of PS3/XB360/Wii according to VGC the PS3 was at 86.90m, the XB360 was at 85.80m and the Wii was at 101.64m. Wii being the leader was only 14.74m(not that it is a small number lol) ahead of the next closest of the 3.

While in the era of the PS4/XB1/Wii U currently the PS4 is at 77m, the XB1 is at 36.8m and the Wii U 13.97m. PS4 being the leader is 40.2m(and still growing) ahead of the next closest of the 3. AND has about 60% market share with those numbers and will end with an even higher market share.

So looking at the numbers the PS4 is actually dominating far better than that of the Wii. Still the Wii was also a beast don't get me wrong! It just was not as dominant as the PS2/DS or the PS4. Of course this is in hindsight for the PS3/XB360/Wii gen in which the Wii started off strong and dominant but didn't end dominant.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Mr.Playstation said:

The PS4 is dominating just as much as the Wii imo, at least for most of this Gen.

Actually if we look at it the PS4 is dominating far better than the Wii did. In that generation of PS3/XB360/Wii according to VGC the PS3 was at 86.90m, the XB360 was at 85.80m and the Wii was at 101.64m. Wii being the leader was only 14.74m(not that it is a small number lol) ahead of the next closest of the 3.

While in the era of the PS4/XB1/Wii U currently the PS4 is at 77m, the XB1 is at 36.8m and the Wii U 13.97m. PS4 being the leader is 40.2m(and still growing) ahead of the next closest of the 3. AND has about 60% market share with those numbers and will end with an even higher market share.

So looking at the numbers the PS4 is actually dominating far better than that of the Wii. Still the Wii was also a beast don't get me wrong! It just was not as dominant as the PS2/DS or the PS4. Of course this is in hindsight for the PS3/XB360/Wii gen in which the Wii started off strong and dominant but didn't end dominant.

wii destroyed the competition early on but in terms of over all units sold, it didn't dominate anything, ps3/360, should be around 88-89 million.   

zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:

VGC Switch estimates

The PS4 didn’t have a worldwide launch though.