By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 17 March 2018

zorg1000 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

So you're saying none of the European numbers are accurate on this site? 

Nope, im saying we cant assume Jan numbers have been adjusted since we have had no official data to compare to like US/JP thanks to NPD & Media Create.

We have to wait for quarterly shipment data to get an idea of Europe sales but even then its alot of quesswork because Nintendo breaks shipments up into Americas, Japan & Others which includes Europe, Australia, Asia ( excluding Japan) & Africa.

 

Since we have had little to no data regarding the regions in Others so far this year, there hasnt been anything to adjust against.

I thought there was a sales update on Jan 31st?? Since we have Jap and NA sales, doesn't seem too far fetched to be able to adjust Europe and ROTW?? 

 

Oh well, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough... 



Around the Network

It seems like PS4 will also take March NPD.



Pocky Lover Boy! 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
zorg1000 said:

Nope, im saying we cant assume Jan numbers have been adjusted since we have had no official data to compare to like US/JP thanks to NPD & Media Create.

We have to wait for quarterly shipment data to get an idea of Europe sales but even then its alot of quesswork because Nintendo breaks shipments up into Americas, Japan & Others which includes Europe, Australia, Asia ( excluding Japan) & Africa.

 

Since we have had little to no data regarding the regions in Others so far this year, there hasnt been anything to adjust against.

I thought there was a sales update on Jan 31st?? Since we have Jap and NA sales, doesn't seem too far fetched to be able to adjust Europe and ROTW?? 

 

Oh well, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough... 

The update was for the quarter ending Dec 31.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

I thought there was a sales update on Jan 31st?? Since we have Jap and NA sales, doesn't seem too far fetched to be able to adjust Europe and ROTW?? 

 

Oh well, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough... 

The update was for the quarter ending Dec 31.

Ok



ArchangelMadzz said:
zorg1000 said:

Still, it doesnt make sense to call 2013 its first year when it was out for like 7 weeks.

Nov 13-Nov 14, year 1

Nov 14-Nov 15, year 2

Nov 15-Nov 16, year 3

Nov 16-Nove 17, year 4

Nov 17-Nov 18, year 5

PS4 is 4 years and 4 months old, this is its 5th year.

I didn't say it's been out for 6 years. I said this is the 6th year it's been out as it's been out in 6 different years. How has this become such a big deal? We're talking about 2 different things.

I have to agree with zorg1000 here. 



Around the Network
black8jac said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I didn't say it's been out for 6 years. I said this is the 6th year it's been out as it's been out in 6 different years. How has this become such a big deal? We're talking about 2 different things.

I have to agree with zorg1000 here. 

Can't believe I followed that whole silly argument 



PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

PS4 continues leading the pack and it's got some big titles on the horizon. Gonna be a helluva year!



PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Jranation said:
It seems like PS4 will also take March NPD.

I think the Switch will win on the other hand, by a small margin though (Like 15K-20K)



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
Jranation said:
It seems like PS4 will also take March NPD.

I think the Switch will win on the other hand, by a small margin though (Like 15K-20K)

extremely unlikely.  



Mar1217 said:
Jranation said:
It seems like PS4 will also take March NPD.

I think the Switch will win on the other hand, by a small margin though (Like 15K-20K)

How is this possible when PS4 has already been shown to have won 3 of the 4 weeks?



PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!