By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 17 March 2018

quickrick said:
Intrinsic said:

Hss it occured to anyone that maybe switch sales in EU are holding steady while their sales in NA are declining?

I mean we know switch is most likely not doing in EU as well as it does in NA.... and we have NPD data for-NA so at least numbers for there are close to accurate.

nintendo graph shows around 5.5 million for NA, vs around 3.5 million for europe as of jan 21.

I don't get what you are getting at. I'm assuming you are saying that numbers in EU are overtracked?

While that may be true.... if the weekly average in NA has dropped then what i was saying still stands, maybe numbers in EU are holding while NA are dropping.

As oppoaed to a generalized drop.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
I'm not understanding why switch numbers are close to US in europe. based on nintendo own graph NA sales are on another level vs europe.

Shipments as of Dec 31

Americas-5.94m

Others-5.20m (87.5% of Americas)

This weeks sales

NA-76k

EU-63k

JP-52k

ROTW-32k

ROTW includes regions that fall in Americas & Others so lets split it right down the middle.

NA+1/2 ROTW=92k

EU+1/2 ROTW=79k (85.8% of Americas)

Perhaps its overtracked in EU, but i doubt its by a huge amount.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:
I'm not understanding why switch numbers are close to US in europe. based on nintendo own graph NA sales are on another level vs europe.

Shipments as of Dec 31

Americas-5.94m

This weeks sales

NA-76k

EU-63k

JP-52k

ROTW-32k

ROTW includes regions that fall in Americas & Others so lets split it right down the middle.

NA+1/2 ROTW=92k

if we look at last year sales up to jan 21,  japan sales seem to be better then europe, the graph clearly shows japan has a lead, even with massive shortages in japan, so based on this graph europe sales should be around 40-50k a week.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180201_2e.pdf

Soon we'll be caught back up. :)

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Shipments as of Dec 31

Americas-5.94m

This weeks sales

NA-76k

EU-63k

JP-52k

ROTW-32k

NA+1/2 ROTW=92k

if we look at last year sales up to jan 21,  japan sales seem to be better then europe, the graph clearly shows japan has a lead, even with massive shortages in japan, so based on this graph europe sales should be around 40-50k a week.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180201_2e.pdf

I dont see any clear lead from Japan in those graphs, they look basically the same.

Like I said, Others shipments were 87.5% of Americas shipments so if Europe is overtracked by a large margin than that likely means the non-European regions that fall under "Others" are undertracked.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Mar1217 said:

It still VGC estimates, don't be surprised when they'll need to do reajustement.

I understand it's just estimates just interested in seeing why they think europe is near NA numbers, when nintendo own graph suggests they are 2 million ahead or near that.

Momentum probably increased in Europe. VGC has Switch's EU baseline at around 70k weekly for January and no doubt those numbers have been adjusted by now. 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
quickrick said:

I understand it's just estimates just interested in seeing why they think europe is near NA numbers, when nintendo own graph suggests they are 2 million ahead or near that.

Momentum probably increased in Europe. VGC has Switch's EU baseline at around 70k weekly for January and no doubt those numbers have been adjusted by now. 

That doesnt make much sense, they typically adjust numbers when an official announcement of sales is made but we dont get that for most of the European countries.

zorg1000 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

That doesnt make much sense, they typically adjust numbers when an official announcement of sales is made but we dont get that for most of the European countries.

So you're saying none of the European numbers are accurate on this site? 

zorg1000 said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Ps2/ds prob not, wii well ps4 does it better.

I think he means on a weekly/monthly/yearly basis. During its prime, Wii had just absolutely rediculous sales but PS4 will overtake it due to consistency & longevity.

Yep that´s what i meant, not just having better sales than the competition but doing it with such a huge gap it´s more like demolishing it.

The PS4 has been performing quite well since its launch and is well on its way to becoming Sony´s 2nd best selling system of all time and the Switch has also been performing strongly, but they´re no PS2/ Wii/DS in terms of the type of sheer domination those system had in their prime.

I guess nowadays with so many more electronic devices and options on the market it´s become much harder to accomplish such a feat.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
zorg1000 said:

So you're saying none of the European numbers are accurate on this site? 

Nope, im saying we cant assume Jan numbers have been adjusted since we have had no official data to compare to like US/JP thanks to NPD & Media Create.

We have to wait for quarterly shipment data to get an idea of Europe sales but even then its alot of quesswork because Nintendo breaks shipments up into Americas, Japan & Others which includes Europe, Australia, Asia ( excluding Japan) & Africa.

Since we have had little to no data regarding the regions in Others so far this year, there hasnt been anything to adjust against.