By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 17 March 2018

Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

Official PS4 sell through

As of Nov 22, 2014-14.4 million (~12 months)

As of Jan 4, 2015-18.5 million (~13.5 months)

VGC Switch estimates

As of March 17, 2018-15.7 million (~12.5 months)

The PS4 didn’t have a worldwide launch though.

That doesnt really matter when you are selling them as fast as you can make them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:

The PS4 didn’t have a worldwide launch though.

That doesnt really matter when you are selling them as fast as you can make them.

you can say the same thing for ps4 first holiday, it didn't matter.

I wish people would just let Switch be in it's own lane. All this comparison nonsense is getting old. It doesn't have to sell as fast as PS4, Wii, DS, whatever to be considered a success. It's doing migthy fine on its own accord and will follow its own trajectory.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Isnt that what i just said?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

Isnt that what i just said?

yea but many people like a few posts above yours like to always mention that being a huge advantage.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Actually if we look at it the PS4 is dominating far better than the Wii did. In that generation of PS3/XB360/Wii according to VGC the PS3 was at 86.90m, the XB360 was at 85.80m and the Wii was at 101.64m. Wii being the leader was only 14.74m(not that it is a small number lol) ahead of the next closest of the 3.

While in the era of the PS4/XB1/Wii U currently the PS4 is at 77m, the XB1 is at 36.8m and the Wii U 13.97m. PS4 being the leader is 40.2m(and still growing) ahead of the next closest of the 3. AND has about 60% market share with those numbers and will end with an even higher market share.

So looking at the numbers the PS4 is actually dominating far better than that of the Wii. Still the Wii was also a beast don't get me wrong! It just was not as dominant as the PS2/DS or the PS4. Of course this is in hindsight for the PS3/XB360/Wii gen in which the Wii started off strong and dominant but didn't end dominant.

wii destroyed the competition early on but in terms of over all units sold, it didn't dominate anything, ps3/360, should be around 88-89 million.   

Yeah that's why I said this was in hindsight lol and that it started off dominant but just didn't end that way lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

PortisheadBiscuit said:
I wish people would just let Switch be in it's own lane. All this comparison nonsense is getting old. It doesn't have to sell as fast as PS4, Wii, DS, whatever to be considered a success. It's doing migthy fine on its own accord and will follow its own trajectory.

I 100% agree, it doesn't have to sell as well as any of them to be considered a success. As of right now it is a definite success and is looking to continue on that path.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Hmmm....

Just wait till the switch chalks up some sort of victory again. Thrn watch the peoplw on the other side make their own comparisons to why or how its the best thing ever.

I agree with you though, we shouldn,t have to compare ones sucess against the other if they are both succeeding. Especially when we are talking BOIT THE ps4 and NS, which are very very very differnt kind of consoles. Literally in every way imaginable.

Comparing against the XB1 though.... thats fair game. 

quickrick said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

You said Switch wouldn't win a single NPD in 2018...

that was before december npd. when i thought switch would fall of a cliff.

So...it doesn't count because you said it in November? Uh...you were still wrong regardless.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
quickrick said:

that was before december npd. when i thought switch would fall of a cliff.

So...it doesn't count because you said it in November? Uh...you were still wrong regardless.

Yea i'm not right all the time, and?