By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How will the low Metacritic Effect Far Cry 5 sales?

It's sad that 81 is seen as a low Meta score, sadder that people would put that much stock into a Meta score. The only people who are genuinely hurt by numerical score are ridiculous fanboys. Just enjoy your game. If it bothers you that much, rent it first. There's not much about the game that doesn't sound like it's not worth diving in.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Not really. Just go to 2001 and look at all of the highly rated games for that year.

I did. 8/10 scores were considered good. Now a lot of people consider that mediocre.

So, you're focusing more on the perception rather than the scores themselves?

Having played the games for a bit today I'd say it's as good as any of the previous games easily it's probably just franchise fatigue but the game is still good the intro despite being a bit long winded is probably the best intro they've had so far.

I think if you're really busy, like, you have 1h gaming hour tops everyday, and thats including weekends, then and only then focusing exclusively in the really great games may be somewhat justifiable.
If not, then OP, you've missed some great experiences because of your extremely flawed deciding factor.

81 is considered a low score to people?

Around the Network

Wow only 80? that's literally unplayable. It will surely sell like shit

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Yeah, i don't consider that score low. I consider it slightly above average.

Not even slightly above average. By that metric, most games are complete duds.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:
Is 81 really that low for a game?

81 is worse than Bravely Default. So yes, that's a low score.

How does being lower then a very well received and reviewed Jrpg that even got a sequel, somehow mean that 81 is a low score?

80-90 = very good

70-80 = good

50-70 = average

81 is not a low score. I expect the game to be like the others.

GKB said:
RolStoppable said:

81 is worse than Bravely Default. So yes, that's a low score.

How does being lower then a very well received and reviewed Jrpg that even got a sequel, somehow mean that 81 is a low score?

80-90 = very good

70-80 = good

50-70 = average

Exactly, if an 81 is a low or "slightly above average" score, then 95+% of games are complete duds even some of the best games around.

These people clearly don't know what "low" or "slightly above average" is. 

Last edited by KManX89 - on 28 March 2018