By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How will the low Metacritic Effect Far Cry 5 sales?

Is this a joke thread?

It's stuff like this that makes me hesitant to participate in discussions.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, it's not the actual game itself that you base enjoyment on then, it's the score that makes you feel that you should be or shouldn't be enjoying a game.

Well could you ever enjoy a game rated 65-70?

I've enjoyed games rated in the 40s and 50s.

Best lart is that this game fantastic. Best FC to date. Anyone looking at this solely from the pov of the scores need to have their head checked.

contestgamer said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

So you never played games like Legend of Dragoon, Bloody Roar, Shinobi, Dino Crisis, Jade Cocoon, Rival Schools, Legend of Legaia, Parasite Eve 2, Tomb raider 3, Lunar Silvar Star story complete, Tenchu 2, Fable 3, Unreal Championship, Devil May Cry 2 or 3, Baten Kaitos, Knockout Kings 2001, Valkyrie Profile, Need for speed Underground, Motorstorm, Darksiders 1 & 2, Shenmue 2,  InFamous 2 or inFamous Second son, Tekken 6, TTT2, Midnight Club 3, Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance, Just Cause, Mirrors Edge, Saints Row Resident Evil Code Veronica, Lost Odyssey, Xenosaga series, Crackdown, Alan Wake, Def Jam 1 or 2,  Resident Evil 0, Luigis Mansion, Dead to Rights, Super Smash Bros 1 etc.....plus lots more games because they ALL fall below your meta criteria.....really?

Wow that is crazy my friend......you are really missing out on some great games then.

Yeah, I skipped all of that except Baten Kaitos because I got that as a gift (and should have skipped it, my review cutoff would have saved me from that godawful voice acting) 

Wow so you really did/have/still do miss out on some great  games. And to be honest that is fine  it is on you and your personal intrests. I think it sucks but to each his/her own. And about Baten Kaitos you said horrible voice acting but said nothing of the game  itself. How did you feel about the actual game?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

80 is a low score now?

smh......

Around the Network

F5 is imo the best in the series so far from what I've played I think franchise fatigue may have impacted the score more than any issue in game as it takes elements from previous games and combines them in one package, my only gripe so far is how the main quest missions just activate regardless of what you're doing especially Faith's region as you have no control of when it happens.

80 is not a low score either way it's actually quite high but I feel if franchise fatigue wasn't a factor it would have easily scored higher than previous games.

81 isn't low, for the love of god, that isn't a low number!

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

TheBlackNaruto said:
contestgamer said:

Yeah, I skipped all of that except Baten Kaitos because I got that as a gift (and should have skipped it, my review cutoff would have saved me from that godawful voice acting) 

Wow so you really did/have/still do miss out on some great  games. And to be honest that is fine  it is on you and your personal intrests. I think it sucks but to each his/her own. And about Baten Kaitos you said horrible voice acting but said nothing of the game  itself. How did you feel about the actual game?

Gameplay was fun, but I cant enjoy it when the voice acting is so bad. I mean it's like having a movie with a great script but the worst actors you could possibly find - it ruins it.

And Far Cry 5 just had the best launch for the series in the U.K.

200-210k physical only, first week.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
And Far Cry 5 just had the best launch for the series in the U.K.

200-210k physical only, first week.

With a 93 Metacritic that would be at least 20-30% more.