By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD, PS4 2015 vs NSW 2018 (December added)

Who wins?

PS4 66 40.24%

NSW 84 51.22%

Tie 14 8.54%

Total:164

Also interesting that the PS4 was still $400.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

LOl what do you think i'm doing? you want to make analysis on sales the first 2 months are very important especially since we are comparing ps4 vs switch, so far it looks like ps4 based on jan and February results.   

So far it looks like Switch will win. You can note that Switch had an extra week of sales, but that extra week won't be deducted from the total sales for the year.

its just got outsold by 60k in February, what makes you think it win? not to mention ps4 had a monster holiday that year.

Lawlight said:
RolStoppable said:

Agreed.

@zorg1000

Skew the numbers in any way that could help the PS4 win.

As opposed to skewing the numbers in any way that could help the Switch win?

Skewing? Does that extra week just not exist? Did Zorg make it up?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Lawlight said:

all he had to do was say switch jan got a 5 week period for JAN NPD vs 4 for ps4 which a 125% multiplier.

Lawlight said:

Who said he made anything up?

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

any week has to mentioned of if it has a advantage thats my opinion, for any side.

Can you actually talk about the topic instead of derailing the thread like you always do?

The thread is about overall sales for the year so one week means next to nothing in the long run so just drop it.

Actually, I'm kind of struggling to see why his point should be completely dismissed.  Is it not relevant in the short-term?  That's an honest question, by the way, as I do not keep up with the NPD or numbers at all.  If this "extra week" created a blip in the date flow then I see no harm in addressing it.

Not that you need to do anything, as he can note it well enough in his first post.  I just don't really get the "no we won't talk about that" vibe.

Lawlight said:
Also interesting that the PS4 was still $400.

No, that's not "interesting". Stop playing a revenue game. If you and Quickrick do not like the threads comparison, do not participate in it. 

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

So far it looks like Switch will win. You can note that Switch had an extra week of sales, but that extra week won't be deducted from the total sales for the year.

its just got outsold by 60k in February, what makes you think it win? not to mention ps4 had a monster holiday that year.

That doesn’t mean that the Switch won’t also have a monstrous holiday.

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

A comprehensive analysis of the numbers. As in, which games go with the numbers listed in the OP.

Switch has had no new releases that drove hardware sales in 2018 while the PS4 had multiple new releases that drove hardware sales in 2015. Since Switch is beating the PS4 despite the lack of new games, it's looking good for Nintendo's console.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

quickrick said:

all he had to do was say switch jan got a 5 week period for JAN NPD vs 4 for ps4 which a 125% multiplier.

But it was already mentioned in the thread. He said no to deducting it. By the way, if you want to ignore that week than just subtract it from the total at the end of the year. 

Lawlight said:

Who said he made anything up?

How is he skewing the data if he isn't making the data up?