By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goku for Smash 5? I say YES!

Tagged games:

Should Goku Join Smash 5?

Yes 32 44.44%

No 38 52.78%

Broly 2 2.78%

Total:72

There are way too many characters that should go in Smash before Goku!

Around the Network

That's what the game Shonen Jump J-Stars is for lol

This is likely not gonna happen. Yea, its Goku, but its Goku. He's an anime/manga character first, regardless of how many video games he has appeared in. Outside of ROB, all of the Smash Bros. fighters originated from video games. Plus, I'm sure Akira, Funimation, Toei, Bandai Namco, and Bird Studio/Shueisha would want something close to a pretty penny to officially license him to get into Smash, considering how worldwide the Dragon Ball brand is.

Snoorlax said:

I don't know bout (get it?) you guys but Goku for Smash 5 would be fuckin amazing and i don't give a shit that he's a manga character first, anime second, video game character fith. He's fuckin Goku.

I've seen some pretty ridiculous requests like Ridley,  James Bond or Cory in the House for Smash and i really don't judge, i would play with them and move on but i just don't see these characters fit in the game. Snake and Bayonetta seemed to be weird choices at first but they're actually great and i voted for Bayonetta and was happy to see her win.

So i realise most people will disagree with giving Goku a slot because he's not a videogame character first but i think he should be the exception. As long as he doesn't turn into any of that Super Saiyan God crap, no thanks, it's either just Super Saiyan... Or Super Saiyan 4.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/mar/16/funimation-asks-nintendo-when-goku-going-make-jump-dragon-ball-join-super-smash-bros/

Forget you. I want Base Goku as standard, with Super Saiyan, God, Blue, and Ultra Instinct serving as palette swaps.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Sure, why not?

Around the Network

No. I'd rather have Captain Toad in Smash. CAPTAIN. TOAD.

... ok , I change my mind. Goku it is.

CaptainExplosion said:
NightlyPoe said:
Let's stick with video game characters, thank you.
spemanig said:
But he's not a video game character

^These!!

Sure looks like he's in video games to me. The initial medium shouldn't matter so long as the character has a healthy presence in gaming, which Goku does have.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
CaptainExplosion said:

^These!!

Sure looks like he's in video games to me. The initial medium shouldn't matter so long as the character has a healthy presence in gaming, which Goku does have.

While that's a really good point and something to consider, I think it's only fair that someone point out the most important factor here, which is that he's not a video game character

Well, I wouldn't really against it. So I'd say "...sure, why not?"

I just hope Bomberman can make it... ;_;

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I think anybody who doesn't want Goku in Smash would have to explain why Cloud being in Smash was OK. Cloud is about as far from a Nintendo mascot that you can get. At least Goku has been in some DBZ games that made it to Nintendo consoles.