By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goku for Smash 5? I say YES!

Tagged games:

Should Goku Join Smash 5?

Yes 32 44.44%

No 38 52.78%

Broly 2 2.78%

Total:72

I have a better idea:

:kappa:

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Goku could kill all of them at once though lol

Illusion said:

I think anybody who doesn't want Goku in Smash would have to explain why Cloud being in Smash was OK. Cloud is about as far from a Nintendo mascot that you can get. At least Goku has been in some DBZ games that made it to Nintendo consoles.

OK I will take you up on that.

1-Cloud, unlike Son Goku, originated in a video game

2-Final Fantasy started on the NES and has had multiple spin off on Nintendo systems

3-While Cloud original game never made it to a Nintendo system, he as been on a Nintendo console before, heck in the direct where he was announced for Smash, he had already appeared in an earlier segment regarding a FF spin off where he was playable

4- Not really involving Cloud, but if we start getting non video game characters in Smash because they have been in multiple games then why not add CR7,Brock Lesnar,Shaq, etc. they are just like Mr. Goku, heck I would argue some of them would be more deserving of a spot over him if we go by recognition,sales of the games they are in.

Goku being in Smash Bros is very unlikely. He didn't originate from a video game.

T-800

Around the Network

If theres room for Ryu theres room for Goku :)
Voted yes, even though I dont really play smash.

I like the idea of how silly it would be to have Goku face off vs say Kirby, Mario, Ryu ect.
It would be fun to watch.

TheLegendofDS said:
Illusion said:

I think anybody who doesn't want Goku in Smash would have to explain why Cloud being in Smash was OK. Cloud is about as far from a Nintendo mascot that you can get. At least Goku has been in some DBZ games that made it to Nintendo consoles.

OK I will take you up on that.

1-Cloud, unlike Son Goku, originated in a video game

2-Final Fantasy started on the NES and has had multiple spin off on Nintendo systems

3-While Cloud original game never made it to a Nintendo system, he as been on a Nintendo console before, heck in the direct where he was announced for Smash, he had already appeared in an earlier segment regarding a FF spin off where he was playable

4- Not really involving Cloud, but if we start getting non video game characters in Smash because they have been in multiple games then why not add CR7,Brock Lesnar,Shaq, etc. they are just like Mr. Goku, heck I would argue some of them would be more deserving of a spot over him if we go by recognition,sales of the games they are in.

I admit that would be pretty fun. Using the "SEEEEEH" celebration to attack 

spemanig said:
Azuren said:

Sure looks like he's in video games to me. The initial medium shouldn't matter so long as the character has a healthy presence in gaming, which Goku does have.

While that's a really good point and something to consider, I think it's only fair that someone point out the most important factor here, which is that he's not a video game character

Which is why he has appeared here. As a character.

In a video game.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

mZuzek said:
Azuren said:

Which is why he has appeared here. As a character.

In a video game.

Which makes him a videogame character?

So for example, take Link. When you think about Link, what game comes to your mind? Surely SoulCalibur II, right?

Dude.

Honestly, I've played Goku in so many games I see him just as much a video game character as I do an anime character. Yes, the anime came first. But for years the only new content was video games and an occasional movie.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

mZuzek said:

Goku is an anime character

It'd be like saying Iron Man is a movie character

Goku isn't an anime character. He's a manga character.