By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goku for Smash 5? I say YES!

Tagged games:

Should Goku Join Smash 5?

Yes 32 44.44%

No 38 52.78%

Broly 2 2.78%

Total:72
CaptainExplosion said:
Hynad said:

What about Cloud, Snake and Bayonetta?

Those characters are of video game origin, Goku is not.

What stupid idea for a Smash Bros. character do you want next, Bugs Bunny?

Goku is a fighting game icon. Even if he started off as a manga and anime character.

What do you have against him? Why are you getting this annoyed over the idea?

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
SKMBlake said:
Yeah Goku, why not, and also Ninja Turtles, Barbie, Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh!, Tintin, Ray from Ghostbusters, Michael Jackson and Eric Cartman.

You can't be serious.

Cause I am not.

Snoorlax said:

I don't know bout (get it?) you guys but Goku for Smash 5 would be fuckin amazing and i don't give a shit that he's a manga character first, anime second, video game character fith. He's fuckin Goku.

I've seen some pretty ridiculous requests like Ridley,  James Bond or Cory in the House for Smash and i really don't judge, i would play with them and move on but i just don't see these characters fit in the game. Snake and Bayonetta seemed to be weird choices at first but they're actually great and i voted for Bayonetta and was happy to see her win.

So i realise most people will disagree with giving Goku a slot because he's not a videogame character first but i think he should be the exception. As long as he doesn't turn into any of that Super Saiyan God crap, no thanks, it's either just Super Saiyan... Or Super Saiyan 4.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/mar/16/funimation-asks-nintendo-when-goku-going-make-jump-dragon-ball-join-super-smash-bros/

In this case i'd rather have Kirito join Smash before Goku

CaptainExplosion said:
Hynad said:

Goku is a fighting game icon. Even if he started off as a manga and anime character.

What do you have against him? Why are you getting this annoyed over the idea?

Because it breaks a core value for the Smash Bros. brand. Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog getting into Smash Bros. Brawl was fine because they were already video game icons, and Goku's already been in so many fighting games of his own, so if you want to fight as Goku just get a Dragon Ball game.

So, no real reason. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Hynad said:

So, no real reason. 

It's a VERY REAL reason.

Let me rephrase then.

So, a weak reason.

Around the Network

Yes Please Nintendo

mZuzek said:
Shiken said:

He is in many games.  By your logic, neither is Pikachu.

Because Pikachu appeared in a game years before anything else..?

Pikachu appeared in a game prior to being in a Pokemon anime?

CaptainExplosion said:
Hynad said:

Let me rephrase then.

So, a weak reason.

Like the weak reasons for having Goku IN Smash.

It's really simple, really.

If people want Goku in the game, that really shouldn't bother you. 

If you don't want to play as him, just don't. But let the others who want to play as him have their fun.

mZuzek said:
Hynad said:

Pikachu appeared in a game prior to being in a Pokemon anime?

Yes, 2 years prior in fact.

I thought the anime came first. But I'm really not into Pokémon.

mZuzek said:
Hynad said:

Link?

Jeez... Pokémon was always conceived as a game first, dude. It was created based on the idea of players sharing experiences with the Game Boy link cable, and the first game (Red & Green) came out in Japan in 1996. Eventually, it became what it did, and 2 years later in 1998 they started making the Pokémon anime and released Red & Blue worldwide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon

Geez, do you have a quick temper?

I had already edited my post prior to you pressing that submit button.

unpopular opinion - but Dragon Ball is a mediocre show and people need to wake up and realize it. as for putting Goku in Smash Bros? NO. Goku is not even a video game character and Sakurai even addressed this and said it would never happen