By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goku for Smash 5? I say YES!

Tagged games:

 

Should Goku Join Smash 5?

Yes 32 44.44%
 
No 38 52.78%
 
Broly 2 2.78%
 
Total:72

That would be awesome! I think Smash should really branch out. I like that they have added more 3rd party characters, it's one of the main reasons I started playing it. Seeing as I'm not a big Nintendo guy, when they added Cloud I just couldn't resist.



Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
Let's stick with video game characters, thank you.

Xenoverse 2 is on Switch.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

spemanig said:
But he's not a video game character

He is in many games.  By your logic, niether is Pikachu.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
spemanig said:
But he's not a video game character

He is in many games.  By your logic, niether is Pikachu.

I believe one could argue that Pikachu was first created as Video Game Character, not an Anime Character. 



 

Acevil said:
Shiken said:

He is in many games.  By your logic, niether is Pikachu.

I believe one could argue that Pikachu was first created as Video Game Character, not an Anime Character. 

Considering both have successful video game AND anime franchises dating back as far as they do, that is a moot point grasping for straws.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Azuren said:

Honestly, I've played Goku in so many games I see him just as much a video game character as I do an anime character. Yes, the anime came first. But for years the only new content was video games and an occasional movie.

Well, most people don't see it that way then - because it really isn't. Goku is an anime character and if he features in 800 video games that doesn't change. It'd be like saying Iron Man is a movie character, which would be almost justifiable by how recognizable Robert Downey Jr. is as him and in how many films he's featured, but is still just wrong.

He's in more video games than anime series, so we're just going to have to disagree. You can think he's an anime character (he's actually a manga character, btw), but to me he's both.



Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

CaptainExplosion said:
I'd rather not. He just doesn't fit in Smash Bros.

What about Cloud, Snake and Bayonetta?




Hynad said:
CaptainExplosion said:
I'd rather not. He just doesn't fit in Smash Bros.

What about Cloud, Snake and Bayonetta?

Those characters are of video game origin, Goku is not.

What stupid idea for a Smash Bros. character do you want next, Bugs Bunny?



Yeah Goku, why not, and also Ninja Turtles, Barbie, Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh!, Tintin, Ray from Ghostbusters, Michael Jackson and Eric Cartman.



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

SKMBlake said:
Yeah Goku, why not, and also Ninja Turtles, Barbie, Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh!, Tintin, Ray from Ghostbusters, Michael Jackson and Eric Cartman.

You can't be serious.