By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goku for Smash 5? I say YES!

Tagged games:

Should Goku Join Smash 5?

Yes 32 44.44%

No 38 52.78%

Broly 2 2.78%

Total:72

EDIT:        PLEASE READ OP. 

I get it, Goku is not a video game character but this argument is such a cliché that i find it hard to take seriously anymore because we've known this for ages. Smash was supposed to be a Nintendo All Star fighting game now it's become a Nintendo/third party All Star fighting game.

Here are some arguments in favor of Goku joining Smash.

- Goku one of the most requested characters since Brawl

- Goku's anime aesthetic fits perfectly in Smash

- Goku has appeared in over 90+ videogames

- Goku has appeared on pretty much every Nintendo console out there.

- Goku's games are mainly competetive fighting games so that would fit Smash

- Goku's popularity is globally at the same level as Mario and Pikachu and would only boost sales

- Goku would be the first non video game originating character in Smash

- He's Goku what else do you want?

ORIGINAL POST:

I don't know bout (get it?) you guys but Goku for Smash 5 would be fuckin amazing and i don't give a shit that he's a manga character first, anime second, video game character fith. He's fuckin Goku.

I've seen some pretty ridiculous requests like Ridley,  James Bond or Cory in the House for Smash and i really don't judge, i would play with them and move on but i just don't see these characters fit in the game. Snake and Bayonetta seemed to be weird choices at first but they're actually great and i voted for Bayonetta and was happy to see her win.

So i realise most people will disagree with giving Goku a slot because he's not a videogame character first but i think he should be the exception. As long as he doesn't turn into any of that Super Saiyan God crap, no thanks, it's either just Super Saiyan... Or Super Saiyan 4.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/mar/16/funimation-asks-nintendo-when-goku-going-make-jump-dragon-ball-join-super-smash-bros/

Last edited by Snoorlax - on 25 March 2018

Around the Network

Sure, why not. He wouldn't be my first choice but I guess he's better than some other characters I can think of.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

I'd sell my Switch.

Kid Goku sure, Adult Goku, never.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

I say yes too. I know he's not a game character, but I don't know why anyone would be literally angry that he got in. He's more popular than a lot Nintendo characters tbh and I think he'd really fit the atmosphere of the game and increase the "footprint" of Smash.

But he's not a video game character

Mar1217 said:
Ljink96 said:
I say yes too. I know he's not a game character, but I don't know why anyone would be literally angry that he got in. He's more popular than a lot Nintendo characters tbh and I think he'd really fit the atmosphere of the game and increase the "footprint" of Smash.

But Smash Bros isn't suppose to be about getting famous 3rd party characters that aren't even from gaming to begin with.

Let's prioritize gaming icons first, at least.

Sooo, where's my Bandana Dee reveal ??!

I know it isn't, I said that in my post, but it'd be nice to have him in. Bandanna Dee...don't really care much sadly. Smash needs wow factor characters, and uh Bandanna Dee isn't it! I just think if ever the rule is broken, Goku would be the only exception to the rule. That announcement would not only break the internet, but if it's announced at E3, would possibly win E3 for Nintendo by itself. 

But chill, it'll probably never happen but it would be the biggest character reveal for Smash...ever.

And Shrek too. Oh oh and the Incredibles family!

Geez, no! For all of these

We reap what we sow

I wouldn't want him in :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]