3 16 12.70%

4 5 3.97%

5 16 12.70%

6 2 1.59%

7 1 0.79%

8 1 0.79%

>8 34 26.98%

Total:126

Labo has huge mainstream exposure outside normal gaming channels you will be suprised

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

This makes me feel more comfortable it's gonna succeed.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

From Nintendo's point of view, this is a very low-risk high-reward venture. While they no doubt want it to be a smash hit, I don't think merely a mixed response would lead them to abandon Labo.

I have a feeling it will at least do well, but I think they're just trying to ease people in to the idea right now. If they actually begin advertising it as an introduction to the most basic elements of programming (which that Garage appears to be) they may win over more parents as well, it being the kind of edutainment that people might actually enjoy.

I say 5-6 million lifetime, it'll be a constant seller over time IMO

It looks really bad.

Around the Network

It will flop eventually but a bit of sticky tape should fix it.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Are people really forgetting that this comes with software? It's not just cardboard like Google Cardboard...if it was we would know. Most of the cost comes from the software that is necessary to get the most out of Labo. If we can't pick up on what Labo is, I don't think we even need to make sales predictions.

And we consider 1 Million or 2 Million sales a flop? Okay.

This is something that teaches kids about complex concepts from an early age, of course most people won't understand it. I think this is an awesome product for kids and beats the heck out of any toy to come before it in terms of edutainment. It'll be big with the Maker movement for sure and although I don't expect it to be huge, I don't expect it to quote, "flop"

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 19 March 2018

It looks great, so I think it has a lot of potential.

The Switch is the fastest selling console ever, it will probably sell over 300 million lifetime. If the average Switch owner buys 3 Labos (this is assuming that we'll get more kits in the future), they should definitely be able to sell over 1 billion kits.

I will make this prediction. Whatever Nintendo will sell, they will be happy with it. I can guarantee that. I will also say that these Labo kits will be not available in the coming weeks after launch.

I was also feeling rather pessimistic but reading @Flilix's response made me realize that there's zero chance at all that Labo will fail. After all it was like #1 on Amazon for three whole days after its mini direct was broadcast. That's gotta be at least a million sales right there in the US alone.

I'm curious how many SKUs Labo will have in total. And while the cost of the product itself for Nintendo to make might not be much, I'm sure the R&D cost was at least somewhat significant, so you gotta take that into account as well.