By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Mania coming to retail as Sonic Mania Plus

Is this really physical, because it just looks like a box with a download code in.

Around the Network

I am so happy! Mighty let's gooo!

I really wanted that. ^^

I want Sonic mania 2 alot aswell. I am still cross that Mania didn't get Ice cap.

But, the remixed levels will help.

PwerlvlAmy said:
those other characters look like some really bad fanfic tho lol

You're not a Sonic Fan so you probably missed them, but they are older than knuckles (and probably Tails).

They have been noticeably forgotten and will be re-introduced to the plebs now. Be happy... it could be Cream or Big. Be careful what you wish for. :P

Cloudman said:
I'm mad I didn't wait, though I had to have it day 1. I don't really like double dipping, especially for the same platform, so I'll likely skip this. Still eager to play as Mighty though.

Not to worry, it will be available as DLC to the digital game. :)

Last edited by Nem - on 17 March 2018

I'm gonna get physical on either Switch or PS4. Can't decide.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

dx11332sega said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:
The new characters look like fan made trash, other than that i might get this as dlc.

Switch tax will probably come into effect for retail.

LOL XD they're old characters from SegaSonic the hedgehog arcade from 1993 . LOL fan made trash XD 

Really?! Damn, they look really bad. I'd rather they put Amy or hell, even Shadow in this. These 2 just look like someone went to Devientart and stole someones OC's imo.

Mar1217 said:

They all 've been announced for 30 $. The game doesn't need huge cartridge capacity :P 

Ok, I'm kind of not used to seeing Switch games being released for $30 american.

Sweet, though why those characters? I've atleast heard of Mighty, but never knew the Squirrel existed. Physical is $10 more than digital so atleast I don't feel bad about not waiting.

Nem said:

I want Sonic mania 2 alot aswell. I am still cross that Mania didn't get Ice cap.

You're not a Sonic Fan so you probably missed them, but they are older than knuckles (and probably Tails).

They have been noticeably forgotten and will be re-introduced to the plebs now. Be happy... it could be Cream or Big. Be careful what you wish for. :P

Yes Ice Cap is such an amazing level! A crime they failed to include it in both Mania and Generations it is. Also what's so bad about Cream? Not that it would be her, I'd expect fan favorites like Shadow and Blaze.

Around the Network

I bought the collectors edition, this will definitely complete it.

Lonely_Dolphin said:

Sweet, though why those characters? I've atleast heard of Mighty, but never knew the Squirrel existed. Physical is $10 more than digital so atleast I don't feel bad about not waiting.

Nem said:

Yes Ice Cap is such an amazing level! A crime they failed to include it in both Mania and Generations it is. Also what's so bad about Cream? Not that it would be her, I'd expect fan favorites like Shadow and Blaze.

This is classic Sonic. Classic characters have a better chance than modern ones. Those are for those "fantastic" Sonic team games. xD

Fucking hell man.

Now I'm gonna have to buy it again.

The switch version better have a cartridge.

And I haven't even bought a switch yet......

I LOVE ICELAND!

Louie said:
Oh crap, I have the digital version but I really want this... and the new content is nice!

"If you’ve bought the digital version, all of the new content will be offered as a free update. "

KLAMarine said:
Louie said:
Oh crap, I have the digital version but I really want this... and the new content is nice!

"If you’ve bought the digital version, all of the new content will be offered as a free update. "

I know, thanks! :) Meant that independently of my other sentence. I'm just a sucker for physical copies (still holding off of Minecraft for Switch because they promised a physical version about twenty years ago).