Which labo will you get

Robot kit 4 4.76%

Variety Kit 17 20.24%

Both 5 5.95%

None 55 65.48%

Results please 3 3.57%

Total:84
Nem said:

I cant get my head around this. If it's a sucess it's proof people will buy anything with the Nintendo logo in it.
It's cardboard. Why does it cost 70/80$? Why don't you buy a game instead? >.< This tires me.

It comes with software that helps you build it, as well as the software to run the toys/games. The cardboard isn't the game, it's the pack-in peripheral that will likely have really cheap aftermarket replacements. Nintendo has also said on multiple occasions that this isn't for you, it's for kids. As a parent, I couldn't be more excited to try these out with my daughter. I'm even considering buy both versions of the Splatoon 2 Joycons so my daughter can play it with her own Pink Joycons.

Honestly, Labo has been a really interesting experiment with the Nintendo fan base. It's fractured off a group of gamers who only care about normal Nintendo games, while children, parents, artistic types, engineering types, and total diehards are excited.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Is there a Labo "game" that just allows you to program with it? I'd kind of like to come up with my own contraptions tbh

Nem said:

I cant get my head around this. If it's a sucess it's proof people will buy anything with the Nintendo logo in it.
It's cardboard. Why does it cost 70/80$? Why don't you buy a game instead? >.< This tires me.

You have a Fire Emblem character as your avatar.  I really can't understand the interest in that series, particularly as fighters in Smash. But I understand that many people like it, for reasons very personal and subjective to them. 

This isn't just cardboard, and to suggest so is insulting to people like myself and the many, many other people who are blown away by the concept. The fact that it is cardboard makes me love it even more, from an environmental standpoint.  If this were a bunch of plastic I'd be worrying about how much trash it would create (like the wiiwheels/addons for the wi).

There is really cool software for each of these items. There's even a Toy-Con garage that lets you create your own.

All I'm asking is that you attempt for a moment to not condescend other gamers and what they think of as fun.  It doesn't matter that it has a Nintendo logo on it or not.  It has nothing to do with my choice.  The idea is innovative and super exciting and I can't wait until 4-20! 

Johnw1104 said:
Is there a Labo "game" that just allows you to program with it? I'd kind of like to come up with my own contraptions tbh

Not known at this point in time, a representative in the netherlands did confirm they were thinking about multiple options to further enhance this. Imo that will also depend on how well it actually does saleswise, but this feels like the old lego technix and knex etc. I really hope they will allow the game to be open source to do things like you suggest but afaik thats not in the current implementation.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Going with the consensus and saying none of them, however I'm rooting for the product to do well.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Johnw1104 said:

Not known at this point in time, a representative in the netherlands did confirm they were thinking about multiple options to further enhance this. Imo that will also depend on how well it actually does saleswise, but this feels like the old lego technix and knex etc. I really hope they will allow the game to be open source to do things like you suggest but afaik thats not in the current implementation.

Actually, Toy-Con Garage is included in the software. That's exactly what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DleXxy_QJvM

super_etecoon said:
kirby007 said:

Actually, Toy-Con Garage is included in the software. That's exactly what it is.

Damn missed that in the presentation we got

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
super_etecoon said:

Damn missed that in the presentation we got

It got released recently.  To be honest, once I know I'm going to get a game (or watch a movie) I go dark, so I hadn't watched the video yet, but knew of its existence.  I still only watched the first 30 seconds to make sure it was what you guys were referring to, but I didn't want to spoil the rest.  In a nutshell, many of the complaints people are leveling at this software, Nintendo seems to have been aware of beforehand and made sure to create a robust platform for experimenting and playing.  If the product seems so well put together now, I can't imagine what it will look like after a year (depending on its initial success.)

Nem said:

Why do people buy books? It's just paper and a bit of ink. You see cardboard, others see a very basic 3D printer with game creation tools or a bunch of $10  minigames/toys.

OT- If Toy Con Garage allows for a more official version of Bottleflip, I'll get the variety pack.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
Nem said:

Why do people buy books? It's just paper and a bit of ink. You see cardboard, others see a very basic 3D printer with game creation tools or a bunch of $10  minigames/toys.

OT- If Toy Con Garage allows for a more official version of Bottleflip, I'll get the variety pack.

Wow....that's a zinger right there.  Well said.