By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Spain a Nintendo Country ?!!

Nope, Spain is a Playstation country.

Is there even a country in Europe where Playstation is not number 1?

Around the Network
duduspace1 said:
The landscape of sales is certainly changing towards the switch generally in Europe, this will however be masked for a while because the PS4 is already well established there and some are not willing to accept that the sales king is being dethroned.

The PS4 had 64% of the Spanish software marketshare in 2017. Switch had 10%. Not sure whether that’s the definition of being dethroned...

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

The PS4 didn't had big releases either and still managed to win.

Swith will improve and fight for the top stop with Sony when big come out, but I don't think it will be able to beat it in total sales. Even when Odyssey launched in October, it still lost against the PS4 version of Fifa 18 that launched in September.

Well duh, having a much bigger install base and a big amount of good games to choose does that naturally. Just compare the weekly chartz here and you'll see that while the Switch ain't too far behind in hardware compared to the PS4, the latter still sells 2.5 times the amount of games each week due to it's much bigger install base and wide array of games. Even with a big release, the Switch sells much less software than the PS4 in a week. The chart you posted is only software, not hardware, and yet Nintendo dosn't look like it's too far behind, indicating that the Switch ain't too far behind in hardware sales

The problem is that, without actual figures, it's impossible to make comparisons. We know that Switch beat the PS4 sales at launch (roughly 45k vs 37k), but beyond that, we don't know any other numbers, at least as far as I remember.

We've heard/read that Switch was selling better than Wii, that it had already beaten the XboxOne total in Spain or that PS4 had crossed the 2 million mark, but how that translates into software sales remains to be seen.

For all we know, the difference betweem the first PS4 games and the first Switch game could be 2x, 3x time higher if not more.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Well duh, having a much bigger install base and a big amount of good games to choose does that naturally. Just compare the weekly chartz here and you'll see that while the Switch ain't too far behind in hardware compared to the PS4, the latter still sells 2.5 times the amount of games each week due to it's much bigger install base and wide array of games. Even with a big release, the Switch sells much less software than the PS4 in a week. The chart you posted is only software, not hardware, and yet Nintendo dosn't look like it's too far behind, indicating that the Switch ain't too far behind in hardware sales

The problem is that, without actual figures, it's impossible to make comparisons. We know that Switch beat the PS4 sales at launch (roughly 45k vs 37k), but beyond that, we don't know any other numbers, at least as far as I remember.

We've heard/read that Switch was selling better than Wii, that it had already beaten the XboxOne total in Spain or that PS4 had crossed the 2 million mark, but how that translates into software sales remains to be seen.

For all we know, the difference betweem the first PS4 games and the first Switch game could be 2x, 3x time higher if not more.

I agree on that, just saying that having that many games in the top 10 is an indication that Switch may be higher than expected, not that it is.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

I agree on that, just saying that having that many games in the top 10 is an indication that Switch may be higher than expected, not that it is.

Higher than expected yes, capable of challenging the PS4 dominance ....

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Can we keep Amazon rankings discussion in the Amazon rankings discussion thread? That's kind of why we have it there. This thread is redundant to the discussion going on there.

Until there are actual sales figures nobody can say anything regarding the Switch's potential upturn in Europe/Spain. All we know is that the PS4 has been on top of the Switch all over Europe when it comes to the thing that actually matters, sales numbers.

Well, I don't think corporations claim and colonize the countries like that.

It's just a month and data is just for the top 10, certainly not a good indicator of the whole picture, specially considering how nintendo software sales tend to concentrate in less titles

Something tells me the Switch is being undertracked in Europe.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Yet more evidence that Nintendo stuff does better with Amazon than the actual sales data.
I have asked before but have not yet had a satisfactory answer, why does Nintendo perform better with Amazon than what it actually sells overall, Why does Amazon appeal to the Nintendo user?