By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Spain a Nintendo Country ?!!

It's just a month and data is just for the top 10, certainly not a good indicator of the whole picture, specially considering how nintendo software sales tend to concentrate in less titles



Around the Network

Something tells me the Switch is being undertracked in Europe.



"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Yet more evidence that Nintendo stuff does better with Amazon than the actual sales data.
I have asked before but have not yet had a satisfactory answer, why does Nintendo perform better with Amazon than what it actually sells overall, Why does Amazon appeal to the Nintendo user?



GProgrammer said:
Yet more evidence that Nintendo stuff does better with Amazon than the actual sales data.
I have asked before but have not yet had a satisfactory answer, why does Nintendo perform better with Amazon than what it actually sells overall, Why does Amazon appeal to the Nintendo user?

Please provide me with those actual Spanish sales data then.



"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

VGPolyglot said:
Well, I don't think corporations claim and colonize the countries like that.



Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
GProgrammer said:
Yet more evidence that Nintendo stuff does better with Amazon than the actual sales data.
I have asked before but have not yet had a satisfactory answer, why does Nintendo perform better with Amazon than what it actually sells overall, Why does Amazon appeal to the Nintendo user?

Please provide me with those actual Spanish sales data then.

I already posted the software sales percentage. It's not even close.



Lawlight said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Please provide me with those actual Spanish sales data then.

I already posted the software sales percentage. It's not even close.

As more games release on Switch that percentage will grow and keep growing. Obviously a system in its fifth year on the market has a bigger library than a system in its first year and can therefor sell more software. Not to mention that the PS4's userbase is still five times bigger than the Switch.

Things are changing.

If you want to do a legit comparison you should compare the PS4's first year with that of the Switch.



"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Lawlight said:

I already posted the software sales percentage. It's not even close.

As more games release on Switch that percentage will grow and keep growing. Obviously a system in its fifth year on the market has a bigger library than a system in its first year and can therefor sell more software. Not to mention that the PS4's userbase is still five times bigger than the Switch.

Things are changing.

If you want to do a legit comparison you should compare the PS4's first year with that of the Switch.

So, we agree that Amazon isn't representative of the software market?

Switch's market share will increase due to the PS4's age. After a certain age, a console's yearly sales drop.

We cannot do a comparison of the PS4's first year because we do not have the data. That's not even mentioning that the PS4 has direct competitions from the X1 and PC.

Also, you're forgetting 2 important factors that affect sales on the PS4 - PS+ and F2P games.

As for your claim that things are changing - you haven't backed that up.



Alkibiádēs said:
GProgrammer said:
Yet more evidence that Nintendo stuff does better with Amazon than the actual sales data.
I have asked before but have not yet had a satisfactory answer, why does Nintendo perform better with Amazon than what it actually sells overall, Why does Amazon appeal to the Nintendo user?

Please provide me with those actual Spanish sales data then.

Theres a guy on these forums that occasionally posts the Spanish sales numbers I suggest looking back over those posts



Lawlight said:
Alkibiádēs said:

As more games release on Switch that percentage will grow and keep growing. Obviously a system in its fifth year on the market has a bigger library than a system in its first year and can therefor sell more software. Not to mention that the PS4's userbase is still five times bigger than the Switch.

Things are changing.

If you want to do a legit comparison you should compare the PS4's first year with that of the Switch.

So, we agree that Amazon isn't representative of the software market?

Switch's market share will increase due to the PS4's age. After a certain age, a console's yearly sales drop.

We cannot do a comparison of the PS4's first year because we do not have the data. That's not even mentioning that the PS4 has direct competitions from the X1 and PC.

Also, you're forgetting 2 important factors that affect sales on the PS4 - PS+ and F2P games.

As for your claim that things are changing - you haven't backed that up.

We're just looking at the top twenty, not the top 1000. Those games at the top of the chart right now will sell great numbers in Spain. 

Switch has direct competition from X1, PS4, PC AND smartphones. PS4 had it easy with a competitor like the X1. Like a healthy person competing in the Special Olympics.



"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides