By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is Russia closer to causing a massive War than North Korea or even the United States?

the-pi-guy said:

No one is planning for war with Russia. 

Just because they are a threat to Ukraine doesnt mean they are a threat to the US.  The US is in no danger from Russia.  

If I'm a threat to someone next to me, that doesn't mean I'm a threat to someone on the other side of the planet.  

BS. This is Iraq War 2.0 except 10 times worse.

AIPAC wants it's war with Russia and Syria and they will get it. As I said, Iraq War 2.0.

And the lies are even bigger. "The US is in no danger from Russia" then WHAT THE HELL IS THIS COLLUSION/RUSSIAN HACKING/MEDDLING BS ABOUT?

Around the Network

I doubt it. But what is very likely to happen is next cold war. I think both US and Russia would love to have a good reason to, yet again, spend ridiculous amounts of money on next big arms race, which in process, would make some elites, absurdly rich. You know, getting the military spendings to good old 10-20% of GDP, like they used to be back in 60s and 70s. Because we can't have good things for too long.

the-pi-guy said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

BS. This is Iraq War 2.0 except 10 times worse.

AIPAC wants it's war with Russia and Syria and they will get it. As I said, Iraq War 2.0.

And the lies are even bigger. "The US is in no danger from Russia" then WHAT THE HELL IS THIS COLLUSION/RUSSIAN HACKING/MEDDLING BS ABOUT?

You know at the end of the Little Boy who cried Wolf, the wolf did come.  

Once again things change.  Just because your wife said she was fine yesterday, doesn't mean she is today.  Just because she said she isn't fine today, doesn't mean she lied yesterday.  Things change.  

None of your Obama quotes or Hillary Clinton quotes or anything else from 2012 disprove anything about Russia in 2018.  The only thing it might do is give us reason to question something, but it doesn't disprove anything about Russia.  

Forget it, the guy continues to bring up the same articles from years past as if nothing changed between both governments since that time.  Its a broken record.

LurkerJ said:
Final-Fan said:

Lately it seems like Russia has been embracing its role as villain. 

So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
Evil, be thou my good.

Some would say, "So is Trump", but he's not President For Life. 

I would say, "So is Trump, so were Obama & Bush". 

Elaborate on how Russia has been embracing its role as villain and how it's been doing it differently than GWB, for example.  

For starters, the mob boss behavior detailed earlier in the thread. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

spurgeonryan said:

Unlike North Korea they continuously act out actual events that are terrible. The leader seems more insane than Trump and the guy in North Korea,  and they are implied in many other destructive acts. 

Or are they just worse at hiding their acts unlike America and China?

What should be done about this country that has been a loose cannon for a century?

Not much can be done. Russia like the USA owns a huge stockpile of nuclear devices of all kinds. On top of that they are developing a MOAB capable of destroying a territory the size of France or Texas with only one hit.

So at most Russia will get a slight slap on the hand if it doesn't behave, perhaps a few economic sanctions that won't change anything but nothing else can be done unless we wish to risk WW3.

Around the Network

They won’t start a war. They aren’t dumb. But they are dangerous, much more so than North Korea or any terrorist groups. Like what has been said before, they’re testing out how much they can push before retaliation. Of course, the western worlds main priority should be for the execution of Putin and the dismemberment of Russia. The country has no right to its existence and should have been dealt its final blow in 1991. But due to weak leadership, it didn’t die. It is not nearly as strong as when it was the USSR, but it is still dangerous. Once the US gets its shit together most, if not all, of our efforts should go into destroying it

I wonder why the UK government is making such a big deal out of the poisoning of a spy.

Russia is the moral panic of the day (along with OMG Nazis!) two forces which were ironically massively opposed to eachother back in WWII lol. The authoritarian left with their Russian xenophobia don't even see the irony that they're doing the exact same thing the authoritarian right did 40-50 years ago. Never thought I'd see a revival of the Cold War in my lifetime.. 

I know very little about Putin, but I don't think he'd be reckless enough to start a nuclear war. Kim Jong Un on the other hand? More of a question mark.. Though nuclear war started by ANY of these countries is like a one in a million chance.. These leaders know this would essentially be the end of civilization. The media loves to keep people scared about these sorts of things, and many sadly buy in.. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

okr said:
I wonder why the UK government is making such a big deal out of the poisoning of a spy.

Because the poisoning effects much more than just them. It effects anyone who was in the vicinity of the chemical weapon. It has no cure and the side effects can take anywhere from weeks to years to take a toll on the body. That and a foreign government just committed murder in their country which violates a whole other set of laws

PSintend0 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Russia is just a leftwing boogeyman. I realize that's not a popular thing to say on here on this site. But that's the way I see it.

I also concur with Final Fan, Russia wont start WW3 or a massive war, if anything it will be us, the united states, who instigates the start of it

Tell that to Ukraine...

To be fair to them, Ukraine did face a coup and their elected leader did ask for Russia to "do something"... 

spurgeonryan said:

Unlike North Korea they continuously act out actual events that are terrible. The leader seems more insane than Trump and the guy in North Korea,  and they are implied in many other destructive acts. 

Or are they just worse at hiding their acts unlike America and China?

What should be done about this country that has been a loose cannon for a century?

It's not that they are worse at hiding their acts. They simply don't. Why? Because unlike America, Russia is very upfront with their horrible stuff. The US hides it and lets it leak slowly. If they operated like Russia, I suspect they'd have been embargo'd by the rest of the planet... 

They are not a loose cannon any more than the other two of the "BIg Three". They just are very upfront about it because Russians don't really like hypocrites. There's nothing they hate more than double standards. If the US can do X, then they will do Y just to remind the US that they can do the same shit and face the same consequences and if not, they will keep doing so until the US and the rest of the world applies the US logic to them, whether by intimidation, apathy or sheer fear for their lives. 

I think so far, it has worked: The West is a complete trainwreck and heading downhill fast, and with the US discoordinated into oblivion, there's no one to stop the slide... I think it's a deserved end for us idiots who kept electing sickos to power. 

Hey, if they leave Juncker unemployed, they can't possibly be evil... The enemy of my enemy is my friend after all.