By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Kirby Star Allies will flop hard.

Even if it's not a perfect game there are tons of people with the Switch who need more games to play. Just by being a Nintendo release in a dearth of the Nintendo game releases for the system it will sell very, very well.

Around the Network

Many people seem to like Kirby games for some reason, so I'm sure it will do just fine.

It's pretty unfortunate that this game is considered mediocre. It looks beautiful and they listened to fans when they decided to return helpers and ability mixing, like a love letter to the franchise.

I guess they just made it too easy. They really need to ramp up the difficulty with these games. Just that alone would've probably guaranteed an 80 on Metacritic. They probably overestimated how powerful it is to have 4 allies and ability mixing. It's a cakewalk.

Anyways 2D Kirby has been getting stale lately anyway. They should try go 3D next

I don't like Kirby, but I'm guessing since lately everything Nintendo puts out soars and breaks records, I'm thinking Kirby will do fine. Besides regular people don't know or care about it's metascore. Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up among the higher selling entries in the series (discounting Dreamland since it's an outlier).

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 14 March 2018

well for what its worth after my kids played the demo n fell in love I decided I would buy it...first kirby game i will ever buy in my 20+ yrs gaming

Around the Network

Nintendo is going to report shipped+digital is over 1 million by March 31 at the next quarterly results.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

It won´t. It´s silly to predict that based just on metascores.

It there´s anything to indicate potential kirby sales, it´s the historic sales of Kirby titles

On the 3ds, Planet Robobot sold 1,3 million, while Triple Deluxe sold 1,95 million. On Wii, Epic Yarn sold 2.1 million and Return to Dreamland sold 1,66. The odd one is Rainbow Course on the WiiU (0.68 million) but that game was barely advertised and the console had a very low install base compared to the others.

We should expect Star Allies to sell something between 1.0 - 1,5 million.

It should still reach a million with long long legs.

The average customer doesnt really bother with meta scores. In fact I dont think most people really now what it even si.

And it's still 74.. that's not bad or anything, just not great.

Based on amazon pre-orders it's bound to outdo expectations in terms of sales. It's currently 1 in Canada, Japan, France, top 3 in Italy and spain, out of stock in Germany and US (where it was top 3 as best) and top 10 in the UK and Mexico.

It's gonna top 1M with ease, and I think it'll pass 2M as well.

Even as someone who has zero interest in getting the game (it honestly looks way blander than the last few Kirby games), I will cut my hand off if it doesn't sell a million units.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.