By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Kirby Star Allies will flop hard.

It’ll do fine. It’ll do Kirby numbers not mario numbers but that’s all good. It didn’t get a bad meta score it just didn’t get a mind blowingly positive one. itll be popular with the kids that dig sitting around playing local multi. Love how the op says the game will bomb but still sell over a million.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Nintendo needs to start focusing on 3D platformers. Odyssey is about to blow the roof off of any previous 3d platfortmer in sales and I think shows that even the more casual audiences are ready to get behind 3d platformers as 2d ones are becoming very tired. Nintendo has given us enough 2d platformers in the last decade to have a surplus for years, it's time for a major 3d platformer resurgence as that's where most of the untapped potential in the platformer genre is and I think people are ready to embrace them more than 2d ones. I've been hoping since it's been ages now since we've seen or heard anything on Yoshi that maybe it's being revamped as a 3d platformer. 

No, thanks, I want my ration of 2D platformers. Why not both? 3D doesn't make a game automatically better.

rt

B O I

this will be fun to necrobump.Can't wait.

I believe in Kirby. It will sell. I will buy it. Many times if necessary...

The literally only thing against it is not being the best thing ever. Seeying how it is doing in Japan and on the Amazons everywhere I can say that it not only it will be above 1 million but it will reach the milestone quite fast.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Is it the biggest release since Xenoblade Chronicles? After that is Mario Tennis in June, right?

Outside the third party ports,there will be Labo and the ports of DKC Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors before Mario Tennis.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Volterra_90 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Nintendo needs to start focusing on 3D platformers. Odyssey is about to blow the roof off of any previous 3d platfortmer in sales and I think shows that even the more casual audiences are ready to get behind 3d platformers as 2d ones are becoming very tired. Nintendo has given us enough 2d platformers in the last decade to have a surplus for years, it's time for a major 3d platformer resurgence as that's where most of the untapped potential in the platformer genre is and I think people are ready to embrace them more than 2d ones. I've been hoping since it's been ages now since we've seen or heard anything on Yoshi that maybe it's being revamped as a 3d platformer. 

No, thanks, I want my ration of 2D platformers. Why not both? 3D doesn't make a game automatically better.

2d platformers are fine for indie titles where they can still thrive (like you avatar), but Nintendo has proven over the last few years 2d platformers are pretty tapped out in terms of their potential as a major AAA title. There is so much more potential for innovation with 3d platformers that has yet to be explored. 

HyrulianScrolls said: 

Nintendo has proven over the last few years 2d platformers are pretty tapped out in terms of their potential as a major AAA title.

Over the last few years we've had multiple Kirby games selling above a million like they always do, and Yoshi, Donkey Kong, n Mario Maker also managed over 1 million on the Wii U of all things, so I think that only proves the opposite.

HyrulianScrolls said:

Nintendo has proven over the last few years 2d platformers are pretty tapped out in terms of their potential as a major AAA title.

This is based on what exactly?

NSMB2, NSMBU & Mario Maker-over 5 million each (NSMB2 over 10m)

Kirby: Triple Deluxe & Planet Robobot, DKC Returns 3D & Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's New Island & Woolly World-over 1 million each

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Star Allies is a good game, with a bad price. If they had released this for $40, instead of $60, reviewers would be singing praises for Star Allies right about now. Kind of like how Ultra Street Fighter II got panned for being a $40 edition of a $15 PSN/XBL game. Had, USFII released at $20, reviewers would have praised it too.

Anyway, eventually Star Allies will sell over 1 million, simply because eventually customers will pay for it regardless of price.