By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Kirby Star Allies will flop hard.

I was waiting for the review to come out to see if the game was somewhat inovative, but with a metascore of 74, a kiddy and easy look, being a 2d platformer and being sold at full price, I doubt Kirby Star Allies will reach 1 million units sold.

EDIT: I've reconsidered, and yes, it will most likely surpass the 1M units sold with relative ease.

Last edited by Lucca - on 14 March 2018

B O I

Around the Network

Kirby was always easy and more "kiddy" in nature.Its a shame that it is not, apparentely, as good as the best ones in the series, but the game will sell just fine, and will pass 1 million eventually.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Kirby was always easy and more "kiddy" in nature.Its a shame that it is not, apparentely, as good as the best ones in the series, but the game will sell just fine, and will pass 1 million eventually.

Agreed. I see the appeal here, especially being able to play as the villains. This game will definitely do it's numbers.  A million is pretty much guaranteed.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Many Kirby games aren't all too bad in general, this will be no exception. For me personally, I know exactly what I can expect from the game and that's exactly what I want so I don't care about the score. Day one.

I'm going to get it eventually, but I just think they should build the game with single and multiplayer in mind. It looks like this game suffers even more than Return to Dreamland in that it's really easy, and there's little exploration from what I've heard.

With that being said, it will hit 1M units, probably end up at 1.5 or 2M when it's all said and done.

Around the Network
LuccaCardoso1 said:

I was waiting for the review to come out to see if the game was somewhat inovative, but with a metascore of 74, a kiddy and easy look, being a 2d platformer and being sold at full price, I doubt Kirby Star Allies will reach 1 million units sold.

Jokes on you, japan alone will be close if not over 1mil.

You dont know kirby my friend. Your basing this off of reviews is blinding you unfortunately

Edit: and thats not bombing hard btw (if it does justunder 1mil) kirby games sell 1.5mil-2.5mil on avg. I bet this game gets closer to 3mil then under 1mil :p

It’s been doing really good on Amazon and eShop charts for pre orders/pre loads. Like oddly well. And it’s Kirby. It won’t flop. If Rainbow Curse can sell more than 500k on the Wii U, this will most definitely sell over 1m.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Nooooo !

Triple Deluxe reached the million in the end, this can reach it too. Besides, Kirby games have decent legs, so even if the initial sales aren't great, it will sell for a long time.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Why? Star Allies is not a critical flop because its collor is yellow in Metacritic XD. I mean, every Kirby tends to rank between mid 70s - low 80s. Though, to be honest, I've always thought that Kirby as a series is pretty underrated.

Also, the Switch is a hot console right now, Kirby is a well-known character, so there aren't any reasons this game won't cross the 1M mark pretty easily.

Last edited by Volterra_90 - on 14 March 2018