By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Kirby Star Allies will flop hard.

Triple Deluxe reached the million in the end, this can reach it too. Besides, Kirby games have decent legs, so even if the initial sales aren't great, it will sell for a long time.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Kirby will sell fine, a million for sure. It may have a meta in the 70s, but it is one of the only NEW Switch exclusives coming out in the first half of the year. I plan on getting it myself, but not till after I buy and complete Bayo 1 and 2.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

It will sell 1-2 millions no doubt about that, but it could have done a lot better if the game was great but the studio was lazy and dropped the ball.

Nintendo need to change something cause every studio need fresh air. Zelda and Mario were successful but goddamn we are already back to having unambitious games. Mario Aces looks fine. Hopefully kirby is the only problem here.

The switch doesn't have many games coming out, Kirby will be their sanctuary for a while until Octopath so it'll sell around a million. Yeah 74 certainly isn't a good score but not many games to choose from either.

xMetroid said:
It will sell 1-2 millions no doubt about that, but it could have done a lot better if the game was great but the studio was lazy and dropped the ball.

Nintendo need to change something cause every studio need fresh air. Zelda and Mario were successful but goddamn we are already back to having unambitious games. Mario Aces looks fine. Hopefully kirby is the only problem here.

Mario Tennis Aces seems to change A LOT from the last Mario Tennis game, so I wouldn't worry about lack of innovation there. Octopath Traveler also looks very original, so it's probably just a problem with Kirby (and maybe Yoshi, but we still haven't seen much of that).

B O I

Around the Network

Can’t see the game not doing at least 1m based on how other games have performed so far on the switch. 74 is by no means terrible and the game will pretty much be stocked everywhere due to its appeal to younger gamers. Take Tesco in the UK, I’ve yet to see Bayonetta but ive no doubt they’ll have Kirby on the shelves.

Almost every kirby has had a kiddy look and was easy.. check your facts

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

A million is too low for a milestone. Maybe it won't sell like the top sellers in the series but a million will be easy anyway

My prediction is that this thread will flop hard.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

LuccaCardoso1 said:
xMetroid said:

Mario Tennis Aces seems to change A LOT from the last Mario Tennis game, so I wouldn't worry about lack of innovation there. Octopath Traveler also looks very original, so it's probably just a problem with Kirby (and maybe Yoshi, but we still haven't seen much of that).

Well Octopath isn't from Nintendo so yea still kirby that's a shame. Yoshi looks fine its clearly made for kids but it looks fresh atleast. Aces looks great yea but still i think falling at a Kirby game is a damn shame when its like the big title for a 4 month period.