By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch sales surpasses 650,000 units in Germany, sets new record

For whats its worth

PS4 1.2 Million first year
Xbox One 270,000 first year

http://www.boerse-online.de/nachrichten/aktien/Sony-Aktie-PS4-baut-in-Deutschland-Vorsprung-gegenueber-der-Xbox-One-weiter-aus-1000412979

Around the Network

Congratulation to the Switch, it is good to hear it do better in a countries that Nintendo always needs to improve in.

RolStoppable said:
FromDK said:

So Switch sold better than Wii.. ps1-4 and xbox in the first 10 month in the us?

But in germany it only sold better than any Nintendo homeconsole ever?

Yes, in the USA Switch is only second to the GBA through the first ten months.

In Germany Switch sold better than any other Nintendo home console through the first twelve months, but its overall position is unknown because public German sales data is so hard to come by.

Thanks for info

ont: Nice to see.. And cant wait until Labo hit

It sold that amount as of what month?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

1 year. btw our bet looks like it's not allowed.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
OTBWY said:

The Switch is just killing it.

Switch murders the butt confirmed?

we need to save all the butts in the world from Nintendo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

That makes the baseline for the first 2 months of the year about 7.1k per week based on a previous PR release around on January 17 about the time Labo was announced.

Not bad for a post holidays slump and no major announcements. Reflected well in average position on the Amazon.de website during the reference period........It is interesting to note that it has caught fire since in terms of Amazon position since about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by duduspace1 - on 13 March 2018

quickrick said:
LipeJJ said:

1 year. btw our bet looks like it's not allowed.

I see. We should change the terms then. What do you think?

RolStoppable said:
LipeJJ said:

First birthday, so the week ending March 4th or 5th. Whichever day of the week GfK uses as their cutoff.

Got it, thanks.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The Switch is a beast.

RolStoppable said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

No, my point is, Nintendo would hold the record for handhelds already so they've got one of the records locked down. Either way, they hold a record there. If Switch is considered a home console too, then that would be two records in total.

I guess you don't understand PR spin. Nintendo held the record for best-selling Nintendo home console before Switch already, so Switch didn't add any new feather to Nintendo's cap in that regard.

If Switch were the best-selling Nintendo console overall, then the PR would have used that, because that sounds better than limiting a record to home consoles.

That somewhat makes sense, however there are people out there that call all video game systems home consoles lol. Kind of like all portables are gameboys.