By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch sales surpasses 650,000 units in Germany, sets new record

I guess it finally reached that cliff everyone was talking about, and can start falling off

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
It's a good sign the Switch is selling so well in Europe, even with the PS4 dominating that region. By the way, how much did the DS sell over there during its first year?

I'd say it's a really, really good sign.
In terms of home consoles, Europe has been on par with Japan or lower.

If Switch can help strengthen Nintendo's position in Europe that will be a victory on it's own!

switch kicking butt left and right

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

SKMBlake said:
I guess it finally reached that cliff everyone was talking about, and can start falling off

Are we talking about the cliff in the Canadian Prairies ? Must be some of the deepest I've ever known

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Klasse! Super toll! Geil!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Mar1217 said:
Or we could just be happy that Switch keeps selling so well that it keeps pilling up some good records ?

Switch sells so well that we don't need alternative facts to make it look good. The thread title should be edited to reflect the content of the announcement. That is, "sets new record for Nintendo home consoles."

The title is sufficient. It gives the meat of the info and there's no need to make it longer.

OTBWY said:
RolStoppable said:

Switch sells so well that we don't need alternative facts to make it look good. The thread title should be edited to reflect the content of the announcement. That is, "sets new record for Nintendo home consoles."

The title is sufficient. It gives the core of the info and there's no need to make it longer.

Actually, you've got the right idea. The original post itself is also misleading as it does not accurately represent Nintendo's announcement. Thread title and original post need to be edited.

The current title reflects the content of the original post, that is true. But the original post does not reflect the PR release.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

OTBWY said:
RolStoppable said:

The title is sufficient. It gives the meat of the info and there's no need to make it longer.

Plus this is good for debates

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Mar1217 said:
Or we could just be happy that Switch keeps selling so well that it keeps pilling up some good records ?

Pretty sure the Wii was the fastest selling during launch year over all genre of consoles WW. So by beating the Wii it is probably beating all the handhleds also.

xMetroid said:
RolStoppable said:

Pretty sure the Wii was the fastest selling during launch year over all genre of consoles WW. So by beating the Wii it is probably beating all the handhleds also.

Nope. The catch with the comparison threads you see on this site is that VGC tracking only covers seventh generation and onwards, but this excludes the PS2 and GBA which both got off to hot starts as well. For example, NPD data shows that the GBA has comfortably beaten the Wii (and everything else) through the first ten months, so applying worldwide sales to individual countries doesn't make much sense.

Since this is a sales thread about Germany, we do not only have to account for Nintendo handhelds, but also PlayStation home consoles as potential competitors for the title of best-selling console through the first twelve months.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments