Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is everybody ignoring how disappointing the new NMH looks?

HintHRO said:

I remember the hype and headlines when a new NMH for Switch was announced with a typical over the top Suda 51 trailer. Now this mini-game garbage with Wii graphics shows up and everybody pretends it's not big deal. Is negative Switch news even allowed here?

If you're disappointed, you payed no attention to build up. It was never made out to be anything but a collection of small games made by an indie studio. Suda himself said this a year ago.

And for the record, TSA looks awesome if you were actually expecting an indie game collection. Which you should have been. It's literally a collaboration between him and I think 15 indie developers including the guys behind Hotline Miami and Shovel Knight. Judging by the new footage, I'm willing to bet the guys behind Fury are involved as well. This looks awesome and it was never meant to be NMH3.

Last edited by spemanig - on 10 March 2018

Well, this is new.

Read.

Around the Network

While I understand there is real NMH stuff to be revealed later, they really didn't put their strong foot forward on this. Announcing mini-games before the actual game play?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Smash overshadowed the rest of the releases for some people, so the talk isn't in there. Still, I think that TSA looks pretty good. It's a collaboration with tons of indie developers to make some games, and maybe it still has a similar adventure than the first NMH.

I’d blame people for taking pot shots at fan groups in a thread about a single game, but the invitation to troll was built into the OP.

While it's true that they take an "indie-approach" in terms of Travis visiting several worlds of different indie games, each one with their own visual style and gameplay gimmicks, and that this game is supposedly "minigame-heavy" (I recall reading it somewhere), they also included some small snippets of "adventure mode" at the end of the trailer you posted, which seem more in a traditional NMH vein (heck, Travis looks like he's about to take a crap for saving):

I just noticed Travis' shirt of Unreal Engine.

Around the Network

I don't know what video you saw but it looks great. And it has coop? I'm excited.

Wright pretty much destroyed the point of this post. The old NMH is there, it's just that they didn't put the emphaze on that part.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Because people are ignoring the entire game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think since the first reveal trailer they have been up front with this being a side story / spinoff. While it will have classic elements from the original game but NMH3 this is not nor was intended to

160rmf said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I always thought that was Sony :O

Me too. Every time I lurk in a specific Sony thread(that doesn't make pointless comparisons with other companies for bait material) is like a walk in LaLa land

LaLa land is a land we cannot escape 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick