By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is everybody ignoring how disappointing the new NMH looks?

It's a spin off.

It's not NMH 3.

Around the Network
Wright said:

While it's true that they take an "indie-approach" in terms of Travis visiting several worlds of different indie games, each one with their own visual style and gameplay gimmicks, and that this game is supposedly "minigame-heavy" (I recall reading it somewhere), they also included some small snippets of "adventure mode" at the end of the trailer you posted, which seem more in a traditional NMH vein (heck, Travis looks like he's about to take a crap for saving):

I just noticed Travis' shirt of Unreal Engine.

So OP, care to explain to me how this looks like a Wii game? 

Because from where I stand, this blows something like Persona 5 on the PS4 out of the water.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I don't think it's really about the graphics, it's more that people now overhype everything that gets announced for Switch.
It's almost as if some - or a lot - fans are living in a state of euphoria due to Switch doing so well and everything announced is as great as Cod, Fifa, Battlefield, AC, Uncharted, Halo, etc., etc..

Personally, i kinda liked the graphical style, for the most part, that is.
And after seeing the clip again, i think the game will become a bit repetitive really soon. But i hope the next vídeo shows more diversity than going straight ahead and swing you beam katana.

They mentioned story mode so I assumed there is more to be revealed to it

Alkibiádēs said:
I don't think you know what Wii games look like.

haha that's exactly what I was thinking.

Around the Network
Replicant said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I always thought that was Sony :O

Considering your post history, I find it quite hard to believe that you feel you can't talk bad about Sony on VGC. After all, you've managed to do just that perfectly fine.

E.g. I remember you (and so so many others) badmouthing Sony when they announced PS4 ports of The Last of Us and God of War 3. You said that only games older than 10 years should get remade and that users buying TLOUR are dumb.

160rmf said:

Me too. Every time I lurk in a specific Sony thread(that doesn't make pointless comparisons with other companies for bait material) is like a walk in LaLa land

You seriously believe that Sony threads are any more one-sided than Nintendo threads?

A huge part of your post history is badmouthing Sony. If anything's like a walk in La La Land it's most certainly not because of you.

You people would be better off just focussing on the games you enjoy. Life's too short to waste hating on a piece of plastic.

Well this is just all kinds of wrong, but thanks

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

pokoko said:
RolStoppable said:

Siding with the OP isn't a good idea.

I sided with no one.  I know nothing about this game as I had no interest in the first games in the series. 

I simply made an observation.  It's A-OK if you don't agree.

Naum said:

You mean like pretty much every huge 3rd party developer that releases games on PS4 and Xbox?

I don't think you know what exclusive means.

Pavolink said:

This comment backfired so hard that now sony threads are lala lands.

This comment made no sense so hard that ... uh, it's a lala land or something else dumb, I dunno.

And continues to backfire.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

HintHRO said:

I remember the hype and headlines when a new NMH for Switch was announced with a typical over the top Suda 51 trailer. Now this mini-game garbage with Wii graphics shows up and everybody pretends it's not big deal. Is negative Switch news even allowed here?

This is because Suda 51 made it clear that this is not No More Heroes 3. No More Heroes 3 might happen if this game shows signs of success. Besides, the original No More Heroes didn't even look very good when it was on there Wii. It was a fun game but nobody bought it because of the graphics.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Pavolink said:
pokoko said:

I sided with no one.  I know nothing about this game as I had no interest in the first games in the series. 

I simply made an observation.  It's A-OK if you don't agree.

I don't think you know what exclusive means.

This comment made no sense so hard that ... uh, it's a lala land or something else dumb, I dunno.

And continues to backfire.

I feel like you wanted to say something witty but couldn't think of anything so you just said something inane and pretended it was witty.  I'd invite you to explain what you meant but you probably can't.

Helloplite said:

"Did we mention the adventure mode, which tells a new story?"

Yes you did, but the OT didn't even bother to watch the video before spewing random stuff about "mini-game garbage".

And you need to have an idea of what a Wii game looks like, before resorting to statements that make you sound ridiculous, son.

Here, let me jog your memory:

This looks like a mid PS2 era game. Was the Wii really pushing out these types of graphics?