Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Crash Bandicoot sell more on Switch or Xbox One?

It will sell better on...

Switch 96 88.89%

Xbox One 12 11.11%

Total:108
eva01beserk said:
ResidentToxy said:

Just look at the sales for Xbox One games on this site. I figure that on a sales website, you would be able to easily access sales numbers. 
Cuphead and Ori are exceptions to the rule. I never said that every platformer crashes and burns on the Xbox. It is common knowledge that platformers are far more successful on both Sony and Nintendo consoles. You and your friends do not account for the majority of Xbox users, your example is purely anecdotal and does not account for the multitude of Xbox users. 

A quick Google search outside of this website and surely you will find that platformers, for the most part, are not usually big on Xbox consoles. Better yet, just look at the sales on this website.

I would not call those exception to the rule. The xbox has had almost nothing of worthwhile exclusive content, they where hungry and that's all they had. 

You are right. Perhaps I was being too generous.

Around the Network

Nintendo fans love good platformers. Also they don't tend to moan on difficulty level. XB users on the other hand ... let's just say it's a different demographic.

Why this is even a question?

Click HERE and be happy 

Nearly three times the market on Xbox, but the demographics there heavily favor shooters and racers. It's a hard one to call.

LT? Switch.

FW? Anyone's game, given Switch's popularity is being pitted against XB1's numbers. I'm going to say Switch, just because Crash doesn't seem like a very Xbox IP.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I'm with Ganoncrotch in that it depends on the quality of the port. 

Given the game's simplicity it should be pretty easy to just tune down a few settings and get it looking and running nice on Switch, but I have learned never to underestimate the potential for developer incompetence when it comes to porting.

If it's a decent conversion though, Switch should win hands down.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 March 2018

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Would be interesting to hear from one of the (so far) 9 Xbox One voters.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

It'll be Switch,by a REALLY big margin. No question about it.

Switch, Nintendo's demographic is way better than Xbox's demographic for mascot platformers.

Ultrashroomz said:
Switch, Nintendo's demographic is way better than Xbox's demographic for mascot platformers.

I wonder how Cuphead or Super Lucky's Tale would've fared on the Switch.

I chose XBone, because the install base is much larger. But, after thinking about it more, I'd say that Switch owners are more likely to want to play that style of platformer. Also, the release date will make a difference, as the Switch will be much closer to the XB1 in terms of install base by the end of this year.