By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Crash Bandicoot sell more on Switch or Xbox One?

It will sell better on...

Switch 96 88.89%

Xbox One 12 11.11%

Total:108

Switch definitely. The majority of the Crash hype at the moment is surrounding the Switch version of the game. A lot of news articles have either failed to mention its upcoming release elsewhere, or given a very brief mention of the Xbox One and Steam versions of Crash.

Xbox primarily has an FPS and sports audience. Platformers, JRPGs and other genres are very hit or miss on Xbox platforms in terms of sales.
The Switch audience on the other hand has a particular affinity with platformers. The hype for Crash on the Switch is very obvious. While Crash on the Xbox has mostly come across as an afterthought.

My prediction for Crash's sales on each platform:
PlayStation 4 > Nintendo Switch > Steam > Xbox One

Around the Network

As an Xbox One owner, I have zero desire to buy this game. I’ve never cared for the Crash platform games. But if Crash Team Racing gets a release, it’s day One for me.

The Switch appears to demographic much younger of the two so that could be an advantage. But the Xbox brand has a high attachment rating.

Who knows?

ResidentToxy said:
Switch definitely. The majority of the Crash hype at the moment is surrounding the Switch version of the game. A lot of news articles have either failed to mention its upcoming release elsewhere, or given a very brief mention of the Xbox One and Steam versions of Crash.

Xbox primarily has an FPS and sports audience. Platformers, JRPGs and other genres are very hit or miss on Xbox platforms in terms of sales.
The Switch audience on the other hand has a particular affinity with platformers. The hype for Crash on the Switch is very obvious. While Crash on the Xbox has mostly come across as an afterthought.

Cuphead and Ori are big Xbox hits, fyi.  Do you have a source that Xbox users are ‘hit or miss’ with platformers?  Also, I’ve never purchased a sports game and I don’t see many of my friend’s feeds buy them either.  Got a source for your claim there too?

Last edited by Seventizz - on 10 March 2018

Switch IMO, Crash is colorful, cartoony, and non-violent. Right up Nintendo's alley

Seventizz said:
ResidentToxy said:

Cuphead and Ori are big Xbox hits, fyi.  Do you have a source that Xbox users are ‘hit or miss’ with platformers?  Also, I’ve never purchased a sports game and I don’t see many of my friend’s feeds buy them either.  Got a source for your claim there too?

Just look at the sales for Xbox One games on this site. I figure that on a sales website, you would be able to easily access sales numbers. 
Cuphead and Ori are exceptions to the rule. I never said that every platformer crashes and burns on the Xbox. It is common knowledge that platformers are far more successful on both Sony and Nintendo consoles. You and your friends do not account for the majority of Xbox users, your example is purely anecdotal and does not account for the multitude of Xbox users. 

A quick Google search outside of this website and surely you will find that platformers, for the most part, are not usually big on Xbox consoles. Better yet, just look at the sales on this website.

Around the Network

Switch and it won't be close.

Crash would definitely sell more on the Switch, it's a more platformer oriented system and it just doesn't have a lot of noteworthy games at the moment even releasing other than smash and ocopath traveller so Switch is my pick.

Plus being an Xbox One owner I don't really care about crash or platformers in general, I'm going to save my money for RDR2, Black Ops 4, Division 2 and Battlefield 5 which are the blockbuster games of this year.

Crash is the kind of game that feels at home on the Switch. Therefore, I'll get it on the Xbox. 😐

The Switch has a better track record in platformers when talking about their sales, so I'll say the Switch. Though I'm fairly certain the XBOne version will do down in price way before the Switch one, just because of things like the cartridges and such.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Switch easily, game is already selling (preorder) much better on Amazon US, and US is XB1 strongest market.