By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What could the rest of the 2018 Release Schedule for the Nintendo Switch Be? (Predictions)

This is what we know so far:

16-Mar-18
Kirby Star Allies
27-Mar-18 Outlast 2
24-Apr-18
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
04-May-18
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
18-May-18
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
25-May-18
Dark Souls
May-18
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
10-Jun-18 ---- E3 ----
22-Jun-18
Mario Tennis Aces
10-Jul-18
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
13-Jul-18
Octopath Traveler
13-Jul-18
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
TBA 2018 Fire Emblem
TBA 2018
Steep
TBA 2018
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
TBA 2018 Yoshi
TBA 2018 Super Smash Bros

... and these are my predictions (aka hopes) for the second half of 2018:

10-Jun-18 ---- E3 ----
22-Jun-18 Mario Tennis Aces
Jun-18 Steep
10-Jul-18 Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
13-Jul-18 Octopath Traveler
13-Jul-18 Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
28-Jul-18 Dragon Quest XI (anniversary)
Aug-18 Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Aug-18 Fire Emblem
Sep-18 Super Smash Bros (Switch Online launch)
28-Sep-18 FIFA 19
12-Oct-18 COD: Black Ops 4
Oct-18 Yoshi
23-Nov-18 Pokemon
Nov-18 Diablo III
Dec-18 GTA (either V or ports of older ones)
Last edited by Kristof81 - on 09 March 2018

Around the Network
Kristof81 said:

This is what we know so far:

16-Mar-18
Kirby Star Allies
27-Mar-18 Outlast 2
24-Apr-18
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
04-May-18
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
18-May-18
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
25-May-18
Dark Souls
May-18
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
10-Jun-18 ---- E3 ----
22-Jun-18
Mario Tennis Aces
10-Jul-18
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
13-Jul-18
Octopath Traveler
13-Jul-18
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
TBA 2018 Fire Emblem
TBA 2018
Steep
TBA 2018
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
TBA 2018 Yoshi
TBA 2018 Super Smash Bros

... and these are my predictions (aka hopes) for the second half of 2018:

10-Jun-18 ---- E3 ----
22-Jun-18 Mario Tennis Aces
Jun-18 Steep
10-Jul-18 Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
13-Jul-18 Octopath Traveler
13-Jul-18 Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
28-Jul-18 Dragon Quest XI (anniversary)
Aug-18 Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Aug-18 Fire Emblem
Sep-18 Super Smash Bros (Switch Online launch)
28-Sep-18 FIFA 19
12-Oct-18 COD: Black Ops 4
Oct-18 Yoshi
23-Nov-18 Pokemon
Nov-18 Diablo III
Dec-18 GTA (either V or ports of older ones)

I completely forgot about Wolfenstein II. XD Yeah, that game should release this year as well. And November seems like a good spot for Diablo III. The only ones I'm not sure of are COD and DQXI.

Pokemon will either be released or announced this year. However, the deadline for an announcement with later year release for a new gen is April. So if we don’t hear anything in April, we’ll get an announcement sometime between May-July for Pokemon 2019. That’s just my analysis as someone who has kept track of releases and such since 2008

If Pokémon releases this year I am fully expecting it to disappoint, which is why it should release in 2019.

Animal Crossing makes sense as New Leaf was forever ago. Announcing at E3 and then releasing in late October also makes sense. Overall, OP makes sense to me but there's still a strong underlying tone of too much hopefulness. Nintendo doesn't need to try too hard this year since they've already satiated the masses with SSB. I'm not expecting too much from E3.

Pokemon is not coming this year.

Quote me on this.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

August - Yoshi or Fire Emblem
September - Smash
October - Yoshi or Fire Emblem
November - Pokémon

Third party and B-tier games will be released in between these games to fill the gaps.

PAOerfulone said:

20 games preorderd ATM just on the Switch?

What is your profession and how much does it pay?!

I think she has a gaming channel on youtube lol

Perhaps they'll leave November open for 3rd partys like they did last year. If so that would mean they need just one more game, and the possibilitys are endless on that front.

NintendoPie said:
If Pokémon releases this year I am fully expecting it to disappoint, which is why it should release in 2019.

Animal Crossing makes sense as New Leaf was forever ago. Announcing at E3 and then releasing in late October also makes sense. Overall, OP makes sense to me but there's still a strong underlying tone of too much hopefulness. Nintendo doesn't need to try too hard this year since they've already satiated the masses with SSB. I'm not expecting too much from E3.

I too am hoping that Pokemon is not released this year, this is the first mainline Pokemon Generation to be released on a console/console quality system and expectations will be very high and I would prefer that they take as much time as they need to make the games as best as they can possibly be.

And yeah, I'll admit I'm being a bit hopeful with my predictions, but after an incredible 2017, they need to build on that momentum with a just as strong, if not stronger, 2018, and Smash Bros., especially if it's not a port and it's actually Smash 5, is most definitely a huge step in the right direction, but I don't think that's enough. Not when last year had an open-world Zelda, a classic 64/Sunshine styled 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Splatoon 2. Four of their biggest IPs in their portfolio in just the 1st 9 months.

I don't think we're getting Pokemon this year, and honestly guys, I hope we don't. This isn't just another Pokemon generation being introduced, this is the first mainline Pokemon games on a Nintendo console or system that is at the standard and level of consoles. The expectations for Generation 8 will be exponentially higher than previous generations and to release the type of game that will meet or even exceed those expectations in such a short time period, just 2 years after Sun/Moon, making it the shortest gap between generations ever, is just not being realistic.

If we end up getting Gen 8 this year, that tells me that they are rushing the game out the door to make the biggest bucks as fast as possible and on a system like the Switch which is a HUGE leap from the 3DS in all facets, the end result might be a glitchy, buggy mess of a Pokemon game.