By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What could the rest of the 2018 Release Schedule for the Nintendo Switch Be? (Predictions)

August - Yoshi, Splatoon 2 DLC, The World Ends With You
September - Nintendo Labo Variety Pack 3, Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
October - Fire Emblem, RE7
November - Super Smash Bros., GTAV
December - Retro Game

And I predict that we will see another Direct in late April/early May.

Around the Network

My guess:
March: Kirby
April: Labo
May: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors
June: Mario Tennis Aces, Sushi Striker,
July: Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad, Yoshi
August: Fire Emblem
September: Super Smash Bros.
October: Pokémon
November: Bayonetta 3 or Retro's new IP

My guess:
August: Yoshi
September: Smash Bros
October: Travis Strikes Back and other third party games
November: Fallout 4, Wolfenstein 2, other third party games
December: Fire Emblem

I feel like Nintendo will hand over October/November to third parties, like last November.

If I had to guess, the new retro ip, animal crossing, bayonetta, MP4, and especially pokemon wont come out in 2018.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

PAOerfulone said:
Platina said:
Think September is too early for Smash, Holiday 2018 would be my guess

Pokemon for Switch will probably be 2019, so another 3DS pokemon then?

I admit, Smash being the big holiday title is a little more likely than being a September title. I just think that if they really want to make sure that their Paid Online Service kicks off to a Fantastic Start, they need to have Smash Bros. be the game it launches with. That's literally a No Brainer. 

And yeah, it's looking more and more likely that Pokemon isn't coming until at least 2019, which I am thankful for.

What I'm hoping for, as well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
PAOerfulone said:

I admit, Smash being the big holiday title is a little more likely than being a September title. I just think that if they really want to make sure that their Paid Online Service kicks off to a Fantastic Start, they need to have Smash Bros. be the game it launches with. That's literally a No Brainer. 

And yeah, it's looking more and more likely that Pokemon isn't coming until at least 2019, which I am thankful for.

What I'm hoping for, as well

Technically speaking Pokemon is still slated to be released this year. Considering that by the end of 2018 it's going to be around two years in development (probably even longer), it's very likely to be released in Q4 2018 or they could push it to Q1 2019. Don't forget that they no longer split their handheld and home console dev teams, meaning that they can allocate way more resources to those 1st and 2nd party titles. So, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Pokemon was the big title of 2018. They did release Mario and Zelda in 2017, so why not to slam two huge titles in the same year again.