By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate Nintendo Direct - 03/08/18!

Out of 10

10 47 23.27%

9 49 24.26%

8 36 17.82%

7 28 13.86%

6 18 8.91%

5 6 2.97%

4 5 2.48%

3 5 2.48%

2 3 1.49%

1 5 2.48%

Total:202

I want to believe thay they are saving all their big announcements for E3

Around the Network

6/10. It was a good direct, but port-heavy (why isn't WarioWare coming to Switch? It boggles the mind), and no Fire Emblem or Pikmin is super disappointing to me.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
6/10

Not disappointing and not amazing. Other than Smash Bros, the other new games announced were ports. Got some new details on games that we already knew about. Got a tiny little tease of Smash Bros. All of this is decent, but not a lot of "wow" factor either. Really this is exactly what I expected from this direct. (Also I still think Switch will have a disappointing year.)

They barely showed us anything for August and beyond yet. The second half of the year is when most of the big games get released, So far, I think 2018 looks just as good as 2017, which was Nintendo's biggest year in a long time.

I expected twenty minutes of Mario Tennis, five minutes of Kirby, and five minutes of indie games in which I had no real interest...
Given how low my expectations were and how much of a blowout it was in comparison, I'll actually give it a ten...

Have a nice day...

3/10

I still can’t find a reason to own a Switch. Although I did appreciate the Die Antwoord nod during the Splatoon 2 DLC reveal.

Maybe I’ve finally outgrown Nintendo. I did box up my WiiU shortly after I tired of BotW.

Also, racket damage in Tennis?  They’re carrying over the worst aspect of BotW!?!  Why?

Last edited by Seventizz - on 08 March 2018

Around the Network

Where the hell am I supposed to find the time to play all these games!?

TT__TT

Also bear in mind that most of these games are announced to the first half of the year. Nintendo'll have some huge surprises this year for the last half. I mean, this is going pretty well, for sure.

I'm surprised at some of the 10s I see. Definitely not trying to hate, but most of the stuff shown were ports. Had that been the other guys, most of you would be vocal and giving lower scores. It's cool though. I get the excitement. I scored this 7.5.

While I'm excited for certain games like Crash and Smash making the jump to Switch, I still felt something was missing. I would have loved a Virtual Console announcement. That would have set it off. I wonder why we haven't gotten that yet. Also I wish Luigi's Haunted Mansion was remade for the Switch, instead of the 3DS. Those are just my gripes. Overall, still a great Direct. Just not a perfect 10.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Kept my expectations low, due in no small part to Nintendo pre-announcing that this Direct would be about 3DS games and Mario Tennis Aces. No major surprises since it seemed everything leaked ahead of time. That being said, what was shown was quality and I can tel they are giving people what they want. Stoked for Treasure Tracker, Splatoon's , and of course the big reveal Smash. Still not sure if that is a port or a sequel, but either way I'll be happy, especially since it is releasing in 2018.

I gave the Direct a 9, mostly for delivering above expectations and for great pacing...and for revealing Smash, of course.

I'll give it a 7. Fell asleep during 3DS boringness. They spent too much time explaining freaking Tennis. Didnt care for Splatoon 2 stuff.

But

Octopath Traveler Collectors
Crash Trilogy
Dank Souls(Yes Dank,not Dark) w/ Amiibo
Captain Toad(cute little bastard)
South Park
Okami
Mario Tennis(release date)
Smash Bros

I feel 7 is a solid and warranted number

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick