By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate Nintendo Direct - 03/08/18!

Out of 10

10 47 23.27%

9 49 24.26%

8 36 17.82%

7 28 13.86%

6 18 8.91%

5 6 2.97%

4 5 2.48%

3 5 2.48%

2 3 1.49%

1 5 2.48%

Total:202

8/10

It was as good as I expected it to be.

Around the Network

7.5/10, 

I thought it was good!

Some good third party announcements like Little Nightmares, Crash Bandicoot, etc. Some proper release dates for games like Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath Traveler, etc.

We also finally got to see some gameplay for things like Travis Strikes Back and Dark Souls Remastered.

Smash at the end was a great tease, the Splatoon 2 Octoling DLC looked cool, and Mario Tennis Aces looks like it could be a lot of fun as well.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 08 March 2018

Now thinking about it, Smash HAS TO BE the game of E3 for Nintendo, much like Zelda and Mario before it, Smash will be the theme for Nintendo at E3.Thats going to be another exciting E3 for whoever goes to Nintendo booth.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I'm pretty happy with this. There was decent stuff for 3DS, including Detective Pikachu, the Wario game and Dillon (although I had hoped Dillon would make the jump to Switch soon). I had low expectations at this point for Okami HD and Southpark, but both came. Crash was a total surprise for me. New info on Hyrule Warriors, Dark Souls, Octopath and Mario Tennis was highly satisfying. Also the Treasure Tracker port is highly welcomed by me. Splatoon story mode DLC looks... decent.

And then the megabomb: Smash, and this year.

But the best part: except for Smash everything was announced for Summer. So end of the year is still open for some big titles.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

And it HAS be Smash 5.I dont know, it was presented in such a way that it screams "this is a sequel"

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

A full 10. Crash on switch!!!
Splatoon Octo DLC and Smash...

One of the best directs I've seen. I am very satisfied.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Octoling DLC, Okami, Dark Sould meme amiibo, Crash and SMASH. 8/10 solid Direct.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

10 because of Smash.

6/10

Not disappointing and not amazing. Other than Smash Bros, the other new games announced were ports. Got some new details on games that we already knew about. Got a tiny little tease of Smash Bros. All of this is decent, but not a lot of "wow" factor either. Really this is exactly what I expected from this direct. (Also I still think Switch will have a disappointing year.)

9/10 so much better than I hoped.
I thought that this would be one of the weaker directs, but nice to be wrong. Octolings were the biggest surprise, I really didn´t even dream to have any hope to see them ever. I am also eager to see more about smash, is it just a port or something little bit more or a whole new game. I´m guessing its somewhere in the middle, which is fine to me.