By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Thread "mention" functionality

Alright someone nudged me 4 times, and brought me here a thread mention... 

Around the Network

Does this work if we tag ourselves? Could be useful for those wanting to tag threads and come back at a later time.

@Carl2291

QUAKECore89 said:

It was me.

OTBWY said:
QUAKECore89 said:

It was me.

Oh, hello there.

QUAKECore89 said:
OTBWY said:

It was me.

Oh, hello there.

Oh my.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
@Ultrashroomz @Ultrashroomz @Ultrashroomz @Ultrashroomz @Ultrashroomz @Ultrashroomz @Ultrashroomz @Ultrashroomz

Hi.

Testing: @Teeqoz @Teeqoz @Teeqoz @Teeqoz @Teeqoz @Teeqoz @Teeqoz

D:

@Finale @Finale @Finale

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

This seems like an interesting feature, makes it much more convenient to ping people

but that also means it's much easier to spam people

Though with the limiter of 1 ping per message and no ping when quoting, it could help alleviate that issue

If somebody left a thread after an argument to cool off, people could ping that user back in, however..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

But how would you even troll someone with this?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Just testing: @Mnementh

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

OK, I see how it works.

Just to throw out some ideas (influenced by me being a software developer myself):
I think making the thread blue in the buddy is great! The only sad thing is, that you don't see it, as long as you haven't posted in the thread yourself so far.
The notification itself should be strongly limited though, as you noted yourself. It is especially important, that one user should only get one note for a thread, and no new notifications, as long he didn't visit the thread. Even if different persons notify you.

EDIT: Does it work on an edit, @Mnementh? And how about multiple times, @Mnementh?

EDIT2: OK, no effect on an edit. No idea if this is good or bad, haven't made up my mind yet.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]