Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware week of Feb 10th

PS4 keeps on rolling along at the top

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network

I'm still surprised to see XBO numbers above 100k, lol. PS4 just doesn't know how to slow down! :o

Bristow9091 said:

I'm still surprised to see XBO numbers above 100k, lol. PS4 just doesn't know how to slow down! :o

The power of X! ...and the power of bleach.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Insidb said:

My gut tells me that Sony's JPN wins are driven by Switch supply issues or MHW spikes.

Yeah Japan is only due to MHW, everyone knows that. The region that really surprises me is NA. Nintendo winning NA consistently. Europe I expected Sony to be dominant in though

It shouldn't, the PS4 is over four years old afterall.

I see japan as ninteno land, europe as sony land and NA as no mans land.

Can't wait until the Switch graph is high enough that it doesn't just look like terrible web design with the white writing on white background. Any takers on how long that will be?

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Yeah Japan is only due to MHW, everyone knows that. The region that really surprises me is NA. Nintendo winning NA consistently. Europe I expected Sony to be dominant in though

It shouldn't, the PS4 is over four years old afterall.

I see japan as ninteno land, europe as sony land and NA as no mans land.

Ya its pretty cool that all 3 are about to find success in NA.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nights of Azure 2 (switch) sold Just 6 units and Touhou kobuto v bust batle (ps4) sold 9 units.
those games are sold out at USA?

super_etecoon said:
Can't wait until the Switch graph is high enough that it doesn't just look like terrible web design with the white writing on white background. Any takers on how long that will be?

For that it needs roughly 20% market share. This week it had around 35% market share. So it is on the right path. But it goes against multiple years of accumulated sales of the others. So it roughly needs to double the current total, which means it needs at least the remainder of this year. Holidays may be the point that push Switch-sales enough to reach that mark.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Insidb said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Possibly. I think 2018 is gonna be Sony's best year for PS4. Peak year. So many great titles hitting this year. Best of the big 3

Agreed; it will interesting to see how much the big releases will bump or simply sustain sales.

I might just pick up PUBG to show my X1 some love lol.

You gonna put PUBG into your Xbox?  Yeesh, did your Xbox kill your family or something?  From the footage I've seen, PUBG makes the xbox basically beg to be put out if its misery.

Mnementh said:
super_etecoon said:

For that it needs roughly 20% market share. This week it had around 35% market share. So it is on the right path. But it goes against multiple years of accumulated sales of the others. So it roughly needs to double the current total, which means it needs at least the remainder of this year. Holidays may be the point that push Switch-sales enough to reach that mark.

Dang...that far out, huh?  Well maybe a different font color might be the way to go until that happens.