By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware week of Feb 10th

PwerlvlAmy said:
Insidb said:

My gut tells me that Sony's JPN wins are driven by Switch supply issues or MHW spikes.

Yeah Japan is only due to MHW, everyone knows that. The region that really surprises me is NA. Nintendo winning NA consistently. Europe I expected Sony to be dominant in though

It shouldn't, the PS4 is over four years old afterall.

I see japan as ninteno land, europe as sony land and NA as no mans land.

Around the Network

Can't wait until the Switch graph is high enough that it doesn't just look like terrible web design with the white writing on white background. Any takers on how long that will be?

Intrinsic said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Yeah Japan is only due to MHW, everyone knows that. The region that really surprises me is NA. Nintendo winning NA consistently. Europe I expected Sony to be dominant in though

It shouldn't, the PS4 is over four years old afterall.

I see japan as ninteno land, europe as sony land and NA as no mans land.

Ya its pretty cool that all 3 are about to find success in NA.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nights of Azure 2 (switch) sold Just 6 units and Touhou kobuto v bust batle (ps4) sold 9 units.
those games are sold out at USA?

super_etecoon said:
Can't wait until the Switch graph is high enough that it doesn't just look like terrible web design with the white writing on white background. Any takers on how long that will be?

For that it needs roughly 20% market share. This week it had around 35% market share. So it is on the right path. But it goes against multiple years of accumulated sales of the others. So it roughly needs to double the current total, which means it needs at least the remainder of this year. Holidays may be the point that push Switch-sales enough to reach that mark.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Insidb said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Possibly. I think 2018 is gonna be Sony's best year for PS4. Peak year. So many great titles hitting this year. Best of the big 3

Agreed; it will interesting to see how much the big releases will bump or simply sustain sales.

I might just pick up PUBG to show my X1 some love lol.

You gonna put PUBG into your Xbox?  Yeesh, did your Xbox kill your family or something?  From the footage I've seen, PUBG makes the xbox basically beg to be put out if its misery.

Mnementh said:
super_etecoon said:

For that it needs roughly 20% market share. This week it had around 35% market share. So it is on the right path. But it goes against multiple years of accumulated sales of the others. So it roughly needs to double the current total, which means it needs at least the remainder of this year. Holidays may be the point that push Switch-sales enough to reach that mark.

Dang...that far out, huh?  Well maybe a different font color might be the way to go until that happens. 

super_etecoon said:

It should do another 15m this year, once its over 30m the text should look okay on it (it does for the xbox).

Another good week for PS4 and Switch, with close US, PS4 not falling to much behing in Japan and EU+RoW making the lion's share of the big gap.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Zach808 said:
Insidb said:

Agreed; it will interesting to see how much the big releases will bump or simply sustain sales.

I might just pick up PUBG to show my X1 some love lol.

You gonna put PUBG into your Xbox?  Yeesh, did your Xbox kill your family or something?  From the footage I've seen, PUBG makes the xbox basically beg to be put out if its misery.

"Ouch."

-X1-