By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware week of Feb 10th

Insidb said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Sony killin it in Europe. Nintendo still winning weekly in NA

My gut tells me that Sony's JPN wins are driven by Switch supply issues or MHW spikes.

Yeah Japan is only due to MHW, everyone knows that. The region that really surprises me is NA. Nintendo winning NA consistently. Europe I expected Sony to be dominant in though

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

So Switch selling around the same numbers in Europe now as it did the week Odyssey released? Maybe momentum finally picking up in Europe.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Insidb said:

My gut tells me that Sony's JPN wins are driven by Switch supply issues or MHW spikes.

Yeah Japan is only due to MHW, everyone knows that. The region that really surprises me is NA. Nintendo winning NA consistently. Europe I expected Sony to be dominant in though

I think a lot of that has to do with age: most of us have had our PS4s for years now, and we just got or are getting our Switches.

Combined with the very accessible launch price and portability of the Switch, it's well-positioned to be the new NA leader.

Insidb said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I think a lot of that has to do with age: most of us have had our PS4s for years now, and we just got or are getting our Switches.

Combined with the very accessible launch price and portability of the Switch, it's well-positioned to be the new NA leader.

Possibly. I think 2018 is gonna be Sony's best year for PS4. Peak year. So many great titles hitting this year. Best of the big 3

PwerlvlAmy said:
Insidb said:

Possibly. I think 2018 is gonna be Sony's best year for PS4. Peak year. So many great titles hitting this year. Best of the big 3

Agreed; it will interesting to see how much the big releases will bump or simply sustain sales.

I might just pick up PUBG to show my X1 some love lol.

Around the Network
Insidb said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Agreed; it will interesting to see how much the big releases will bump or simply sustain sales.

I might just pick up PUBG to show my X1 some love lol.

Poor XB1. Show it some more love or its going to get depressed

JRPGfan said:
Another week where PS4 is basically trippleing the XB1.
Pretty nuts.

Yeah, outside of the holiday period, and the odd off week, I think that's largely been the norm for the last year+.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 07 March 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

XBX Hasn't done much for the baseline, PS4 still tripling it's sales.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Barkley said:
jason1637 said:

What was it last year for the PS4/XB1?

For the first 6 weeks of 2017:

PS4 - 1.82m
XBO - 0.53m

So both up YoY currently.

Ya but look at how much Switch is up YOY!!!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Bristow9091 said:

I'm still surprised to see XBO numbers above 100k, lol. PS4 just doesn't know how to slow down! :o

The power of X! ...and the power of bleach.