By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware week of Feb 10th

Barkley said:

While we can't just click on yearly to get the current 2018 totals (due to software charts being behind) I'll post them in these threads:

These numbers bring VGC's 2018 totals to:

PS4 - 1.95m
Switch - 1.49m
XBO - 0.61m

Thanks for the info, Barkley. Keep it going!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Sony killin it in Europe. Nintendo still winning weekly in NA

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

CGI-Quality said:
Hmmm... I usually do this and was in the process of posting, but I'll let it be for the week. :)

You are as kind as you are wise! Lol

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Barkley said:

While we can't just click on yearly to get the current 2018 totals (due to software charts being behind) I'll post them in these threads:

PS4 - 1.95m
Switch - 1.49m
XBO - 0.61m

What was it last year for the PS4/XB1?

Lonely_Dolphin said:
200k a week/roughly a million per month seems to be the baseline for Switch, that's pretty damn solid. Bayonetta and Kirby probably wont raise it much, although I'd love to be wrong, but they should keep it stable, and then maybe hopefully Labo becomes a huge hit. All in all Switch seems well on track towards selling more this year than last.

That’s right. I think they can ship 1m per month on months with no big releases. I think the 20m target is very possible without Pokémon. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

another great week for ps4 thanks of monster hunter too

Barkley said:

PS4 - 1.95m

They way it goes, by end of February the PS4 will have technically sold the 2.5M units produced for the last quarter of this fiscal year. Still one full month to go, however. This means that PS4 already lives from stock lying around in shops, and we can expect to see more and more temporary "out of stock" messages in random places during march.

The PS4 is a sales juggernaut, I can only imagine how much it'll sell when God of War and Spiderman release.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Sony killin it in Europe. Nintendo still winning weekly in NA

My gut tells me that Sony's JPN wins are driven by Switch supply issues or MHW spikes.

jason1637 said:
Barkley said:

PS4 - 1.95m
Switch - 1.49m
XBO - 0.61m

What was it last year for the PS4/XB1?

For the first 6 weeks of 2017:

PS4 - 1.82m
XBO - 0.53m

So both up YoY currently.