By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Announced for Thursday March 8th at 5PM EST

Sweet. Looking forward to it

Around the Network

Fire Emblem would be interesting to see it was confirmed for 2018 early last year in the FE Direct and is considered a big first party franchise by Nintendo now, TWEWY Remake is another game I hope is shown.

Seeing as how this is most likely the Direct before E3, I'm keeping my expectations low, since they'll be saving their big guns for June.

This will likely just be an update of games they've already revealed (Mario Tennis, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, Project Octopath Traveler, Detective Pikachu, etc.) along with announcements of more Wii U ports and 3rd party games, including ports. Most if not all of the games they show off will have release dates pegged for Summer, I'm expecting Hyrule Warriors to be late May-early June, with Mario Tennis being late June-mid July.

At best, we may get a name for Fire Emblem, a formal announcement for Animal Crossing Switch, or the reveal of Pikmin 4 or whatever the next Pikmin game is, which has been in development for over 2 & a half years at this point.

Anybody who is expecting/hoping for Smash Bros. or Pokemon in this Direct is setting him/herself up for disappointment. Same goes for Metroid Prime 4.

IT SAYS THIS YEAR!!! OH SHIT!
GIVE ME THAT FIRE EMBLEM!!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

PAOerfulone said:

Seeing as how this is most likely the Direct before E3, I'm keeping my expectations low, since they'll be saving their big guns for June.

This will likely just be an update of games they've already revealed (Mario Tennis, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, Project Octopath Traveler, Detective Pikachu, etc.) along with announcements of more Wii U ports and 3rd party games, including ports. Most if not all of the games they show off will have release dates pegged for Summer, I'm expecting Hyrule Warriors to be late May-early June, with Mario Tennis being late June-mid July.

At best, we may get a name for Fire Emblem, a formal announcement for Animal Crossing Switch, or the reveal of Pikmin 4 or whatever the next Pikmin game is, which has been in development for over 2 & a half years at this point.

Anybody who is expecting/hoping for Smash Bros. or Pokemon in this Direct is setting him/herself up for disappointment. Same goes for Metroid Prime 4.

Way longer than that.

2 and a half years ago Miyamoto confirmed that it was near complete the game.

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

I'm hoping for the Secret of Mana collection on Switch.

Diablo 3 will likely be announced.

The anticipation for this Direct is eating me alive and we have more than 24 hours left. I am going die from hype before the Direct comes. Maybe I will play civ 4 to pass the time.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

melbye said:
DélioPT said:
So, the rumours were right...

Not sure i love how they presented the ND. Singling out Mario Tennis doesn't really fill me with confidence.

Probably means that Mario Tennis is the next game after Kirby and Labo so it will be the main focus of the Direct

Which could also mean, this ND will not bring anything bigger than Mario Tennis. 
I just found it odd they decided to specifically say that. Usually, NDs don't do that.

Flilix said:
DélioPT said:
So, the rumours were right...

Not sure i love how they presented the ND. Singling out Mario Tennis doesn't really fill me with confidence.

It kinda makes sense. It's the only brand new first party game coming soon.

It's true. I just feel they hyped down the ND with that remark.

Oh nice, that's a pleasant surprise! Though the fact that it was just basically announced on the fly tells me there isn't going to be much to talk about.. Hoping for one neat surprise at the end at least, maybe some MP4 footage at least? O_o

I'm also more looking for app support at the moment, as I'm good on games for the next few months. Youtube/Netflix support and more on VC would be a start!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden