By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 9): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - February 26 - March 04, 2018

Its good to see boost for Switch, also Zelda selling better than Mario Odyssey. :D

Around the Network

I just noticed that vita boost

PS4 hardware back to business as usual. great hold for monster hunter world,road to 2 million milestone!

Mnementh said:
MonHun still dominates, but the effect on PS4-sales wears off.

Is Japan getting DQ Builders that late or is it DQB2?

Also the legs of Zelda (1 year old!), Splatoon, Mario and Mario Kart are astonishing. Actually, all titles in the charts that are from 2017 are on Nintendo platforms, while all charting PS4-titles are from the last two months.

TBF we have reports that PS4 is sold out. 

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Mnementh said:
MonHun still dominates, but the effect on PS4-sales wears off.

Is Japan getting DQ Builders that late or is it DQB2?

Also the legs of Zelda (1 year old!), Splatoon, Mario and Mario Kart are astonishing. Actually, all titles in the charts that are from 2017 are on Nintendo platforms, while all charting PS4-titles are from the last two months.

Oh, that makes sense. As the effect on hardware-sales through MonHun World was immense, it might have emptied the warehouses.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Oh, that makes sense. As the effect on hardware-sales through MonHun World was immense, it might have emptied the warehouses.

Although, IMO it's not affected that much. I think with a enough supply it's possible that PS4 sales will be in 34K-38K range,

Another excelent week for Switch.
BotW going up, again, one year later... The only king.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It's crazy to think that 4+ years into a console's shelf-life that there would be widespread stock issues. I guess Sony is putting most of their production line into the West which leaves Japan a little short. It seems they severely underestimated MHW's effect in their homeland.

So the MH wave is over in Japan. However both consoles, the Switch and the PS4, have stock issues. Both are online available, but not widely.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch outselling FighterZ is a bit sad.. I like xenoverse 2, but fighterz is MUCH better.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)