By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Studio that ported Skyrim to the Switch wants to do Monster Hunter World next

Tagged games:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/03/the_studio_that_ported_skyrim_to_switch_wants_to_tackle_monster_hunter_world_next 

Capcom's been pretty clear (on more than one occasion) about the fact that Monster Hunter World is aimed at consoles like the PS4 and Xbox One, and is unlikely to ever be ported to the Switch. The company's stance hasn't changed in the recent months, despite many fans of the series hoping that Nintendo's console might at least get a scaled-down port at some point.

In all honestly, we can't see that stance changing, but Iron Galaxy Studios CEO Adam Boyes has resurrected the topic by publicly pleading with Capcom to allow his company to handle the port.

Iron Galaxy has prior form here; it ported The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to Switch, and has previous Nintendo experience with the Wii U port of Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara. Other credits include Killer Instinct Season Twoand Season Three on Xbox One, and Borderlands 2 on the PS Vita. 

This studio clearly has some talent when it comes to porting, but we're not sure if Boyes' heartfelt plea will alter Capcom's thoughts on the subject.

I wouldn't mind seeing this, the Skyrim port was well done, so who knows what this would look like. A possibility is a possibility

Around the Network

Probably won't happen. Would not be surprised if Capcom is in early development on a new Monster Hunter tailored specifically for Switch

I doubt they will be allowed to do the port. They may be able to do a great job, but I feel that, if Capcom had wanted this game on the system, they would have done it themselves, in house.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Try*

They want to try.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

melbye said:
Probably won't happen. Would not be surprised if Capcom is in early development on a new Monster Hunter tailored specifically for Switch

I feel like Stories is a better fit.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I say let them try

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

that's totally not possible nor plausible imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Let them localize XX *Kappa*

Again, they could port it but it'd look blurry as hell, and run like garbage. Unless serious modifications are made to factors that influence performance like poly counts, texture resolutions, and frame rates. And man, can anybody imagine what it'd look like undocked? Just a smudge of Vaseline. If Xenoblade 2 looks the way it does undocked, I don't expect a game like this to look any better.

Honestly I think they could do a good job with the right optimizations,but no Capcom would never allowed. Localize XX already goddamit.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138